Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone,

We just submitted the 47sp online (completed the first step) and my partner is about to submit his 40sp. However, I have been trying to start uploading evidence but whenever I try to upload a pdf the system says that there has been an error. It just won't accept the pdf. It did work when I tried to attach a word doc, but I would rather upload pdf's and I would assume that the C.O. would rather go through pdf's than word docs. (I have also prepared aaall our evidence as pdf's)

Has anyone had this problem? And if so, any tips on how to solve it? I called the service centre but all they did was to give me an email address to the help tech centre and they will take days to reply.

When logging in to the Immi account it does say on the front page that there are currently issues with uploading pdf's but for citizen applications so that shouldn't apply to us.

Any help would be much appreciated! Cheers :)

·
Registered
6,215 Posts
I had the same problem. I ended up doing screen shots of the pdf into paint and stitching together. Saved as a jpg and uploaded that.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hmm yeah, okay, I will. I have certainly already discovered that the online system is a bit shaky.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I had the same problem. I ended up doing screen shots of the pdf into paint and stitching together. Saved as a jpg and uploaded that.
Yeah okay, I see. I just think we have gathered too much stuff that saving as jpg's won't work. Or - I'll have to rearrange all the material.

·
Registered
6,215 Posts
Yeah okay, I see. I just think we have gathered too much stuff that saving as jpg's won't work. Or - I'll have to rearrange all the material.
I spent a few hours doing it in a hurry as immigration had asked for the final things.

It was worth it for us, as we got the visa within hours of uploading. I would rather avoid doing that again though.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I spent a few hours doing it in a hurry as immigration had asked for the final things.

It was worth it for us, as we got the visa within hours of uploading. I would rather avoid doing that again though.
Yeah, it doesn't sound like the most fun task :) However, great with regards to the fast proces! We have just submitted our application today though, so I'm hesitating a bit spending time converting the files already if there is an easier way :)

·
Super Moderator
11,215 Posts
Try something like smallpdf or resaving the file again using adobe etc. I have heard immi doesn't like some scanner software. We never had an issue and use Epson to scan.

·
Registered
4,534 Posts
It seems the online system has its own issues for each application! I had no problem with pdfs but I never received email communications and my immi account never showed any contact from DIBP. We lucked out that a different CO forwarded the original email to me or they may have canceled our app due to lack of communication! Applied offshore but had just started the year long tourist visa in Oz and needed to be offshore for grant... never got the email asking me to leave for grant.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Try something like smallpdf or resaving the file again using adobe etc. I have heard immi doesn't like some scanner software. We never had an issue and use Epson to scan.
Alright, I'll give those a try tomorrow! Thank you for the tips!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
It seems the online system has its own issues for each application! I had no problem with pdfs but I never received email communications and my immi account never showed any contact from DIBP. We lucked out that a different CO forwarded the original email to me or they may have canceled our app due to lack of communication! Applied offshore but had just started the year long tourist visa in Oz and needed to be offshore for grant... never got the email asking me to leave for grant.
Yeah wow! I'm glad everything worked out for you! It makes you a bit nervous relying on a system that seems to have many issues... I hope my uploading luck is better tomorrow!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.