Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello All!!

I am in the middle of limbo. My husband and I have been together for 20 years as a couple and 16 years as husband and wife. He moved to the USA on a partner visa and has become a Permanent Resident. We have two fantastic boys, ages 3 and 9, both of whom have been diagnosed with Autism. Did I mention I am fixing to turn 40 so I have been with my husband for half my life. Anyway, I digress. In February 2017, my husband's father passed away. We were unable financially to visit until June. When we arrived, we discovered his mom was losing her house, and her health declining. We returned home, and began saving money and selling things to file the 309 visa's ridiculous 7000 fee. We finally filed on September 6th, 2017, and completed all documents including medical and background by Oct. At the time we filed our waiting time was 11-13 months.
We settled in for the wait. Meanwhile, my mother in law has sold her home and is now currently living in a caravan. Last week when the uploaded new time frame went to 21-26 months, I cried. We do not want to split our family up. My children will not understand. We have heard nothing except the initial received email. When we call to ask about possible compassion reasons we were given the wrong email to contact and basically a sorry we can't help you. When we applied we never considered that we would still be waiting since the processing time only applies to 15% of the applications.

Since is his mom is doing so poorly, we think it is time to move the boys to aussie, and then I will just fly back and forth for the next year so that we can take care of everyone. Does anyone have any advise on, well anything? We spoke with an Immigration Agent and they stated and I quote, "You won't like my answer. Withdraw the visa, and reapply as a skilled migrant, then apply for citizenship." Thanks in advance for any words you can share with me.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.