Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Dear all

I've just lodged my state sponsored subclass 176 visa on 14 September 2010. I got the WA's SS on June 2010. Could anybody tell me which processing time my application is belong to?thanks for you kind help

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Wanderer..
Thank you very much for your answer. I really appreciate it.
In the new SOL my occupational is agricultural scientist. The ASCO coding was 2114-19, whilst ANSCO code is 234112, so that my occupational falls within SOL-Schedule 4. When I applied for the WA SS on December 2009, my occupational was within the list of WA MODL. The question is whether my application SS subclass 176 visa will be processed according to the old WA MODL or simply it will be processed on basis of new WA's SMP, and how it will affect the process time of my application? Thanks.

·
Registered
7,467 Posts
And my suggestion to you is to forget what may have been in December 2009 for there has been much water flow under the bridge and the pylon foundations are so eroded, you may end up in the river in attempting to cross.
All new applications [ other than those with a transitional arrangement and that is mainly for onshore applications following study ] need an ANZSCO assessment and some organisations have got a transitional provision for issuing an ANZSCO assessment where you have been issued with an ASCO coded assessment but just because the tables show the old ASCO and new ANZSCO, do not assume you can just do your own transitional use of codes.
It may also be that your state sponsorship if based on an ASCO code is no longer valid and I would suggest that you have a look at the WA site as last time I looked [ about a week ago ] they were still all closed up re sponsorship and SMPs.
I would think that if Immi are going to be only accepting ANZSCO coded assessments the same would apply to state sponsorships and at the very least you ought to be contacting WA to attempt seeking advice on the validity of your sponsorship with an ASCO code and I would do the same with Immi.
It may be that if you do it quickly enough with Immi they will not process your application only to reject it and have you lose your application fee.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
And my suggestion to you is to forget what may have been in December 2009 for there has been much water flow under the bridge and the pylon foundations are so eroded, you may end up in the river in attempting to cross.
All new applications [ other than those with a transitional arrangement and that is mainly for onshore applications following study ] need an ANZSCO assessment and some organisations have got a transitional provision for issuing an ANZSCO assessment where you have been issued with an ASCO coded assessment but just because the tables show the old ASCO and new ANZSCO, do not assume you can just do your own transitional use of codes.
It may also be that your state sponsorship if based on an ASCO code is no longer valid and I would suggest that you have a look at the WA site as last time I looked [ about a week ago ] they were still all closed up re sponsorship and SMPs.
I would think that if Immi are going to be only accepting ANZSCO coded assessments the same would apply to state sponsorships and at the very least you ought to be contacting WA to attempt seeking advice on the validity of your sponsorship with an ASCO code and I would do the same with Immi.
It may be that if you do it quickly enough with Immi they will not process your application only to reject it and have you lose your application fee.
Thanks for the answer. I have double checked the validity of both assessment based on ASCO code and WA's state nomination to Adelaide Processing centre and WA state migaration centre. Both of them are still valid to be used for the application of SS subclass 176 visa. However, I am still unsure belong to which priority is my application fall into. I assume it may go into category 2 or 3. Thanks

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.