Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone,

I have lodged my 2nd stage partner visa (820) yesterday.
I am dual citizen of Germany and Turkey.
I was wondering if any one has experience with the length of waiting time regarding this or a similar combination. Since Turkey would be a higher Risk-Country.

On my grant letter my CO has marked my nationality as beeing (only) turkish.
It took 11 months to get my 820 granted in 2017. Which makes me believe I haven't been lodged as a high risk applicant.

Still I am wondering if anyone knows if I can get my citizenship corrected or at least have it noted as dual. Since I want to avoid longer waiting time if I can...
I actually been born and raised in Germany. Never lived in Turkey and just have the 2nd nationality because of my mother's nationality.

Thank you for any answers and thoughts on this.

·
Premium Member
11,215 Posts
Being high risk or low risk does not always mean anything in regards to the processing times. I have seen high risk countries approved before low risk countries. It is all the luck of the draw.

Which passport is your 820 visa on? The German or Turkish?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Being high risk or low risk does not always mean anything in regards to the processing times. I have seen high risk countries approved before low risk countries. It is all the luck of the draw.

Which passport is your 820 visa on? The German or Turkish?
Hi Mish,

Thank you for your fast answer.

My 820 was under the german and I have also lodged my 801 under the german.

Cheers

·
Premium Member
11,215 Posts
It sounds like it is under your German passport so you don't need to do anything. If you want to be sure you can check VEVO.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.