Australia Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys. I'm from the UK and I've been in Australia since October 2006. (Working holiday visa, 457, Student, Graduate, Defacto...)

My partner and I have been together since January 2012 and we lodged our 801 visa on 14/10/13 via mail, which was granted on 21/11/13. Woohoo!!

On 18/08/15 I received an email from Immigration requesting further information for my permanent partner visa application. I found the whole online process quite daunting as once you add a document, you can't delete it or change it, and you have a limit of 60 documents. I mistakenly added a couple of ID documents which hadn't been certified, so I had to add the certified ones as well with a different heading.

I submitted the final document on 24/10/15 but, as I said, the online process threw me. It allows you to continually add to your application with new documents etc therefore there is no "ta da" moment of when you hit the "submit and send" button and off it goes. It felt like a massive anti climax....so I rang immigration to clarify a couple of things, and the lady I spoke to confirmed they had my file there on their system, and could see all my documents I'd added...and that the processing time could take up to 15 months.

It's now been 6 months since my final submission, and it just says "This application has been received by the department but has not been assigned for assessment. The department may contact the applicant once assessment of your application begins if further information is required" on my immigration account.

I was just interested to see who out there had submitted at a similar time to me (or in the last year) and to find out where you're up to with your applications and what you've heard from immigration. I'd so love to get my PR before I hit my 10 year anniversary in October.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Hi all
I have finally submitted my 801 application. Still in process of uploading evidence and trying to think what more evidence can I get. I know I am in for long wait. My eligibility date was 6th of August. I was not contacted by immigration at all. Nevertheless I submitted my file on 7th.

·
Registered
2 Posts
we lodged our defacto visa November 2015, at the time we were told & read it'd now take 12-18 months... Getting longer more recently.
My partner has been on the bridging visa this whole time (17 months) with no sign of any processing going on....

·
Registered
7 Posts
I submitted my 801 on the 13th April 2016 and mine is the same with the status of This application has been received by the department but has not been assigned for assessment.

I've been waiting nearly 12 months but the new time frames say it could be up to 20 months.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.