Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone,
I am from the US and applied for my visa April 26, 2017. I just recieved an email today saying my application is being processed. It was very brief and did not provide much information. I’m wondering if the processing time will still take 17-24 from now even though my application was submitted 14 months ago. I’m so confused and have no idea how to get help so I’m hoping someone here will be able to provide me with some sort of information. Thank you!

·
Registered
131 Posts
Hi everyone,
I am from the US and applied for my visa April 26, 2017. I just recieved an email today saying my application is being processed. It was very brief and did not provide much information. I'm wondering if the processing time will still take 17-24 from now even though my application was submitted 14 months ago. I'm so confused and have no idea how to get help so I'm hoping someone here will be able to provide me with some sort of information. Thank you!
Some people who've applied for PMVs recieved them also, they applied early 2017 also. I didn't get one and I only applied Jan this year. Probably not enough data to conclude but seems like its possible those emails went out to those who's applications Are currently being processed.

·
Premium Member
6,612 Posts
Hi everyone,
I am from the US and applied for my visa April 26, 2017. I just recieved an email today saying my application is being processed. It was very brief and did not provide much information. I'm wondering if the processing time will still take 17-24 from now even though my application was submitted 14 months ago. I'm so confused and have no idea how to get help so I'm hoping someone here will be able to provide me with some sort of information. Thank you!
I think this email must have been sent automatically to many applicants today. Maybe something to do with recent system updates.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thank you for all the replies! So it seems like a lot of people recieved the same email which is a little disappointing. I was so excited when I saw the email at first but now I have no idea what to think of it. I wish they would make things a little more clear. If anyone has found out anymore information about that email please let me know! I just want to know what it means!

·
Premium Member
6,612 Posts
Thank you for all the replies! So it seems like a lot of people recieved the same email which is a little disappointing. I was so excited when I saw the email at first but now I have no idea what to think of it. I wish they would make things a little more clear. If anyone has found out anymore information about that email please let me know! I just want to know what it means!
It is just a meaningless generic email to let you know that they are actually processing your application.

·
Registered
63 Posts
For what it’s worth, we applied on 30/6/17, have had a case officer look at our file recently and request medicals and police checks and we haven’t received the email mentioned above.

Considering it came through July 1, I’d hedge my bets on it being system upgrades and auto generated emails

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.