Australia Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I'm sure 1000 of these posts exist, but I just wanted to hear about other people's experiences with the permanent 100 visa portion of the 309 visa application process.

*Background, I'm a Canadian citizen who married an Australian while he was living in Canada. I posted my application while in Canada, and following approval of the 309 visa I moved to Oz and have been living here for 2 and a half years.

I applied for a 309 visa back in 2015, and was granted in March 2016. The written acceptance letter expressly stated that I did not need to apply for anything further, and that someone would be in touch with me to request more documentation 2 years post lodgement (obvi, that never happened). I've now launched an application for the Stage 2 Permanent Partner Visa Assessment (801/100), but am very discouraged by the fact that processing times are estimated at 19-30 months.

I currently work for the Victorian State Government, and as long as I am on a temporary visa I do not qualify for any ongoing positions. I've been fortunate enough to find myself in a job that I love which happens to be contract work, but am worried I'll eventually have to leave the office as I cannot apply for any ongoing openings which come up.

I just wanted to know if anyone had a good experience with the wait times for the stage 2 process? Is there any hope that my 100 visa will be processed faster than the estimated times?

Thanks,
Bev

·
Registered
710 Posts
there was a rash of them granted within 6 months of being eligible.
we were eligible 1/1/'17 and was only granted a couple of weeks ago. I put all the evidence in Feb 2017 and updates every 6 months.
so the usual it's all over the show.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts