Australia Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
anybody from the uk ever lodged a partner visa application in new zealand.

if so do you have any ideas on processing times or know where i can find out.
i currently live here and i am on a work permit if i do not here something soon i will have to get an extension to work here.

thanks ,david

·
Registered
7,467 Posts
anybody from the uk ever lodged a partner visa application in new zealand.

if so do you have any ideas on processing times or know where i can find out.
i currently live here and i am on a work permit if i do not here something soon i will have to get an extension to work here.

thanks ,david
I've known of people seeking an Australian partner visa to have gone to NZ to lodge an offshore application but if you're talking of lodging a NZ partner visa that's something entirely different and I'd be surprised if anyone on this forum for Australia has lodged one David.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
it is a partner visa application for immiogration to australia.

i am english and my partner is aussie, but we both currently work in new zealand, as i am on a 2 year work visa, i was told i had to lodge my application at the australian consulate in auckland(nz).

do you know what the processing time where for the people that came to lodge a aussie permit here

·
Registered
7,467 Posts
it is a partner visa application for immiogration to australia.

i am english and my partner is aussie, but we both currently work in new zealand, as i am on a 2 year work visa, i was told i had to lodge my application at the australian consulate in auckland(nz).

do you know what the processing time where for the people that came to lodge a aussie permit here
There's certainly a benefit to lodging it in NZ David as it's cheaper for one and quite possibly could be quicker than doing it in Australia and attempting to do it here would mean finding another visa for here, a WHV for here being if you're eligible.
One of the people I've known of was living in Australia with a partner and when they had their 12 months relationship and all other eligibility requirements covered, off they went to NZ having made an appointment and had their visa in one day.
Not to say it'll always happen that way but I suspect NZ do not have such a high work load as in Australia forKiwis can come to Australia without making a visa application.
You'll probably find five months mentioned on Client Service Charter so I'd allow somewhere between a couple of months and five.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.