Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello :)
Just wondering if my husbands Turkish documents have to be translated professioanlly or can we get it done by our friend who is a Turkish english teacher? They charge astronomical amounts of money for translating here!! :eek:

Also do these translated documents (Army service record, birth record,etc) have to be certified as true translations even if we include both the original turkish and the english ? They also send us to another office to pay another extortion fee for things to be certified!

Although we do not want to waste money if it is not required we also do not want to hold up his visa application with unacceptable documents.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks heaps in advance :)

·
Registered
4 Posts
Usually certified english translations must accompany all documents not in english. These translations must be made by a translator accredited by NAATI. I hope that helps.

Regards

·
Registered
7,467 Posts
General Skilled Migration
says it all, for translations, NAATI in Australia and recommended you use a qualified translator when not in Australia [ironically a bit of a loose statement if anything - though most countries will have some form of government recognised association]

Certifying copies of originals and stautory decalrations is another matter and Australian embassies/consulates may be able to help if one is handy.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
thanks for the info, we didnt expect it all to cheap, i think the frustrations of dealing with various Turkish offices who seem to make up their own prices dependiing on who they are dealing with and on what day is all :p
i agree with wanderer that "qualified translator" is a very loose statement but immi will clear this up for me no doubt.
I have taken your advice and emailed the consulate in ankara, Thanks again for your all everyone

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Well, i got a very prompt reply from immi however......no list of authorised/accredited/recommended translator services in our area ...guess we just have to shop around.

·
Registered
23 Posts
My partner and I were told to get all documents not in english translated by an official translator and we were lucky enough that our friend was one!
We then got both the translation and the photocopy of the french documents certified!

Unfortunately it costs quite a lot for each document!!

·
Registered
7,467 Posts
If you're asking at government officesd re translations sb , have you considered looking further afield than even an approved translator if Turkey has a system for recognising them, eg. Germany I understand has a fair size turkish community and then of course there's Australian NAATI ones.

Might take a bit of an effort in locating alternatives but googling etc. are wonderful aids and then some emailing may discover a cheaper alternative, but even with Turkish corruption, their wages scales may generally be lower and hence scale of corruption less! , not that it is much of a consolation prize.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.