Australia Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

· Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm sorry because I am sure that this has been asked a million times, but all I can find are older posts about this and the criteria might have changed. I will be applying for either a 6 month or 12 month 676 Visa shortly and I am wondering how much is deemed adequate for finances? I am retired military and I receive a pension of roughly $1900 per month, but after child support and a few other expenses I have approx $800 to $1,000 per month left over. My girlfriend who is an Australian citizen will be sponsoring me, she has a job as well as an apartment. So between my pension and her sponsorship will this most likely meet the financial requirements? I have seen it mentioned that adequate finances is roughly $250 per month, so I would in fact meet that requirement, especially since I will be sponsored, but I saw that on 2-3 year old posts. The reason for my travel is me and my girlfriend are trying to build up enough adequate proof that we are in fact a couple so that I may be able to apply for a different Visa further down the road, such as the PMV or DeFacto, most likely the PMV.

Note: I am not doing the ETA because I have a couple of DUI offenses that with the total amount of jail time imposed equals 12 months, they were suspended sentences and I only did 60 days actual time, but it disqualifies me for applying for the ETA.

Thanks in advance for any answers.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.