Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I am an Australian Citizen completing a visa application form as the sponsor of my wife whom I married in November in India.

My wife has engaged an agent in India to help with the visa application process. This is for both the spouse visa application and tourist visa application with the intention that my wife will return with me from India after our honeymoon end of April 2018.

One of the documents the agent has requested of me is 'proof of residence / property papers'.
Proof of residence is shown in my driver licence and bank statement provided.
Why are 'property papers' required? I do not own the property, the property is owned by my father who has agreed for us to live with him. I searched through the Partner Migration Guide specifically page 42 concerning shared responsibilities within household but I dont think that is applicable as my wife and I have no evidence of living together before.

Getting through to the Department of Immigration and Border Protection is difficult as from experience, the phone doesn't connect and cuts out. When I visited the office in Melbourne, they dont give any advice without an appointment.

Woudl appreciate your advice please on how to proceed and any other related tips you can provide that would enable me to achieve the intended outcome of living in Melbourne with my wife ASAP.

Regards,
Gaurav

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.