Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I am an Australian citizen who is a sponsor on my wife’s application for a spouse visa to Melbourne, Australia. We got married in India in November 2017 and we are meeting on a honeymoon in April after which we intend to both return to Melbourne.
My wife in India has engaged a local agent to assist with the spouse visa and tourist visa application. One of the documents required is ‘proof of residence / property papers’.
My proof of residence is my driver licence and bank statement. Why are 'property papers' required? I do not own the property, the property is owned by my father who has agreed for us to live with him.

I have checked the Department of Immigration and Border Protection online information and cannot find any request for 'property papers' including checking page 42 of 58 of the Partner Migration document. The only evidence relates to proof of living together which we have not done before.

Can you please refer me to the information so I may verify the requirement posed by the agent? Or advise otherwise on how to proceed from your knowledge and experience.

I look forward to your response.

Regards,
Gaurav

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.