Australia Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi my and my partner are in the process of submitting a PMV i have returned to the Uk to do this after living with my partner in Australia for the last 6 months i came back to do it now as we are expecting our baby in march 2011 so i wanted to get it submitted and get back before the baby is due.

Anyway i am in the middle of writing the declaration about our relationship and i was wondering what sort of stuff i should put in there, the way i am going about it seems like i am going to have a lot of stuff in there? should i try keep it short? its just i would rather put too much just so i dont miss any important information out.

any help would be appreciated

Thanks

·
Registered
7,467 Posts
It might help you if you prepare like a dot point list of key events in your relationship and then just flesh it out from there.
Anymore than two pages and I'd reckon you'll have too much.
It's water under the bridge now but you could have prepared your application here, taken a short flight to NZ for submission and then returned to Oz to wait while the visa was processed or perhaps even a couple of weeks in NZ and you may have had it.
And if you're going to get married, why didn't you do it anyway and apply for the partner visa, again from NZ if need be.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It might help you if you prepare like a dot point list of key events in your relationship and then just flesh it out from there.
Anymore than two pages and I'd reckon you'll have too much.
It's water under the bridge now but you could have prepared your application here, taken a short flight to NZ for submission and then returned to Oz to wait while the visa was processed or perhaps even a couple of weeks in NZ and you may have had it.
And if you're going to get married, why didn't you do it anyway and apply for the partner visa, again from NZ if need be.
We only decided to get married in July then i found out i was pregnant a few weeks later so i thought it better to come back here and then have the nine months to prepare once the visa is granted plus i got to see my friends and family.

Another thing regarding evidence when me and my partner first got together we spoke/ text on skype but we had the skype compatible phones wereby the history is not saved, we used this all along and do not have phone records to record this my partner also didnt start using email til i was over there in february, we have pictures from the times we met up over the two years and have phone records from when we lived together in Australia, i am really worried that we do not have sufficient evidence to provce that we have been together since feb 2008.

·
Registered
7,467 Posts
You do not need a huge ammount of history and it is more time together that is important and having a baby coming should present little problem in you getting a PMV.
If you have a medical check to confirm that and a letter or whatever, that'd be good.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.