Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Everyone,

My fiance has booked a holiday to come to Australia in mid Dec/Jan this year, and our plan is to become engaged and work on the PMV application while he is here. We have been in a long distance relationship for 3yrs and my 'future' fiancé is completing his phd in France and will be finished Oct 2017. My plan was to start the application online, upload documents and save it, and then when my fiance returns to France mid Jan he can pay for it and submit it ( as i know he cannot be onshore while submitting the visa)

But i just read online on some other websites that you have to go online and submit and pay for the application before you can upload the documents. Does anyone know what the screens are that you have to fill in before paying it? Is it possible that my fiance submits the application prior to coming here in Dec and then we upload the documents over the five
weeks he is here? Ideally we want to be able to work on the visa and have it all done when he returns to France. Does anyone know a possible solution?

Any help is appreciated!!Thanks

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes of course, i lived in France for 12 months on a holiday working visa and we got together in this time. When my visa ended i returned to Australia and i have been back to France on a few holidays to see him and he has come out to Australia to see me.

·
Registered
6,930 Posts
Then you meet the requirements, you can lodge it before he leaves. Then collect more evidence while here and upload it. You can keep uploading evidence until visa is decided about a year away.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thankyou for your reply. My concern is will they contact my fiance within 5 weeks of lodging the application and request he undergo the health and police checks within 2 weeks? He will not be able to do these checks promptly if he is in Australia when they request it. Also, do you know how comprehensive the application is online before he lodges it? Like how much work it involves? Thanks

·
Registered
6,930 Posts
Not much chance of that happening in 5 weeks, maybe 5 months after application but you also get more than 2 weeks (our medicals had a 6 week booking time).

Form 40 and 47SP contain most, also form 80 will likely be requested, there are 4 written questions for you each to answer about your relationship and you need marriage dates of your parents/brothers and sisters.

It takes a bit to prepare and allow several hours to fill both forms and upload the basics of an application.

Plan you need a month to prep inc stat decs/888 forms.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thankyou again for your reply, that is helpful re: the info on the medical. I am a bit confused about the lodging, i thought my fiance has to lodge and pay it first before we can upload those forms you mentioned? What i meant before is when he 'lodges' it and pays for it, what work is done online prior to payment? (Because i understand it is only after payment and lodging it that he can attach documents? )
Do you think that it would matter that the lodgement date will be prior to our engagement date?

Thanks again for all your help so far!

·
Registered
6,930 Posts
We never had an engagement date, it is "intention to marry".

In immiaccount you fill out form 40 & 47SP (one is for him the other is you, he fills first and pays then you can) equivalent but it has 4 written questions and family wedding dates.

It is suggested to have a valid application (basic) uploaded within 28 days of payment.

·
Registered
200 Posts
I would recommend that you download the paper forms for 47 SP and 40 SP, so that you have an idea of the questions that your fiance will have to answer on the online version of the form. The questions are in a slightly different format - but it will help him prepare, and give you an idea of the information you need to gather in order to complete the online application. There is quite a bit of duplication between 47 SP and Form 80, so having a written copy of Form 47 SP saves time when you do Form 80.

You cannot upload any documents (and you can't submit the Sponsor form - 40 SP) until after he has submitted his application and paid the fee.

As ampk said, I think it's extremely unlikely that he would be asked for his medical within 5 weeks of lodging his application.

·
Registered
3,917 Posts
You can always create your immi accounts and begin the applications. They aren't submitted untik you pay so you can save your progress as you go. Keep in mind the sponsor can't complete the application until the applicant finishes and pays but it will still allow the sponsor to do it up to a certain point.

·
Registered
6,930 Posts
Also for information I opened my the fiancé immiaccount and mine, I filled out all the forms- she could check but she did not fill them at all. I did it because it was easier due English.

We had a problem with her immiaccount one time and I contacted DIBP. I expected to hear that my fiancé would need to contact them but they straight up asked me for reference number and her password - not ask if I knew it, but expecting I did.

What I am trying to say is maybe you could fill the forms, just both know the access codes. Either can pay also.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks everyone and ampk....I have had another look at form 47sp and there is a question about 'current relationship' with your sponsor (Part G 55) and we would not technically be engaged until my fiance proposes when he is here, do you think this matters(in terms of my fiance filling in form 47sp and lodging it before he comes) ?We will be incuding the date of engagement in our statements and photos to upload when he is here.

Also, what is your interpretation question 58 'When did you and your fiance commit to a shared life together to the exclusion of all others?'

Thanks again!!

·
Registered
6,930 Posts
To me it sounds as if you are engaged to be married, just he has not presented the ring. I would pick a date in the past as engagement and refer to the engagement here as the ceremonial engagement.

To exclusion of all others is when your relationship was official (no longer dating) - this can be a hard date to pin point - pick a place/time you both agree and use that as your date.

·
Registered
200 Posts
Also, what is your interpretation question 58 'When did you and your fiance commit to a shared life together to the exclusion of all others?'

Thanks again!!
We picked the date that we started living together (we also opened our first joint bank account on that day) - simply because it was an easy date to remember and prove. We were committed to being together before that date, but we had no evidence.

A lot of people use the date of their engagement. I agree with ampk - you have obviously already discussed marriage and plan to get married, even if he hasn't "officially" popped the question. For all intents and purposes, you are already engaged, and the date that he proposes (and gives a ring if you're into that) would be more ceremonial.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.