Australia Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Everyone and thanks for reading my post hoping you could help me out with any information you know or you may experienced.

So I have applied for my PMV on the 27th of July 2017.
After we applied , my Lawyer sent me the medical test papers , all medical requirements were finalized and submitted to the immigration on the 18th of August 2017 by the accredited doctor.

My Fiance is 5 month pregnant , She is of RUSSIAN background and residing in Russia at the moment. I wanted to take a long holiday from work to live with her but financially I cannot accommodate that , plus my work in the public sector wont allow it.

My question is , Could someone tell me please :

- how long it is taking these days for a Prospective Marriage Visa to finalized , for Russian Citizens coming to Australia.

- Being pregnant in her 5th months would it make the application process faster.

- Anything I could do to make my application processing time quicker.

- Any other information or ideas please let me know

Thank you so much in advanced

·
Registered
3,917 Posts
Like Jeremy said, being pregnant won't have any effect and there's no way to spees up the process (or everyone would). Unfortunately you just have to wait in line and hope they get around to it sooner rather than later.

Did she opt to do the xray part of the medical while pregnant?

·
Registered
6,928 Posts
Did she opt to do the x-ray part of the medical while pregnant or is that still pending?

Russian Embassy PMV's a few years ago were around 9 months, but things have been changed with that embassy (they don't process the same amount of countries now), So it will be hard to get a idea of how long most waiting times are for there now.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
Like Jeremy said,
Did she opt to do the xray part of the medical while pregnant?
========================================================

July 2017 = Application Submitted
July 2017 = Medical Examination Request received
Aug 2017 = Medical Examination + X-Ray were Done
Aug 2017 = Medical Examination results were submitted to DIBP
Aug 2017 = WAITING FOR UPDATES.

IF the applicant is a girl would they ask for a police check ?

·
Registered
6,928 Posts
You are aware that both medical and the police documents are only valid for 1 year and that generally that date impacts the date of the entry date when PMV is granted.

There is a good chance the medicals may need to be redone as 12 month processing times now seem normal.

Was it a request to do the medicals from DIBP or just the ID number given? It seems a strange request so soon after the application.

·
Registered
6,928 Posts
Was more referring to the child - this also will require some paperwork changes and I expect (guess) that citizenship by decent application will be made rather than adding a child to the PMV with the extra fee.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Hi , regarding the medical examination request , well my " Immigration Agent " Sent me its a white paper with the applicant's photo on it and a barcode , that the DIBP one or a generic one from my agent ??

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.