Australia Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If you apply for prospective marriage visa while offshore, I am guessing that during that time you can't be in the country. I read that the processing time is approximately one year. Then you get a 9 month visa. The visa costs around $7000. After that do you need to do the standard partner application? If so, does that mean you have to pay another $7000? I read that the fee is reduced. By how much? Also, someone told me that if you get married offshore, you can come to Australia, apply onshore and you don't need to satisfy the 1 year requirement. Is that correct?

·
Registered
6,878 Posts
The Current Fees (July 2017) are:

$7,000 Prospective Marriage (Subclass 300) followed by:
$1,170 Partner (Subclass 820/801) visa application by Prospective Marriage (Subclass 300) visa holder

Cost of Transferring to Partner Visa 820/801 from PMV 300

Some people use a Visitor Visa to spend time In Australia while waiting for the PMV Grant. We did.

Reactions: SteSha

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The Current Fees (July 2017) are:

$7,000 Prospective Marriage (Subclass 300) followed by:
$1,170 Partner (Subclass 820/801) visa application by Prospective Marriage (Subclass 300) visa holder

Cost of Transferring to Partner Visa 820/801 from PMV 300

Some people use a Visitor Visa to spend time In Australia while waiting for the PMV Grant. We did.
Good to know, thanks.

I am leaving Australia to go and live with my girlfriend in Brazil in 2 weeks. We have been together for about 8 months. Lived in Australia together for her last month and traveled together for 2 weeks before she went back to Brazil. I'm planning to stay there for about 6 months and hopefully she can get a scholarship for a phd in Australia. I know that will be difficult. That's plan A.

She had a student visa already in Australia and doesn't really want to come back on a student visa because it's expensive and they might even deny her student visa because she has already had one. I'd prefer to pay half of her fees and at least try to get the student visa so we can apply for a partner visa onshore if she doesn't get the phd scholarship. But after living in Brazil for 6 months we'd almost satisfy the 12 month requirement so there wouldn't be much point in the pmv. The only advantage would be, we could apply for that theoretically as soon as we arrived in Brazil. And as long as we get married between the application and grant we'd be fine. This would give us the least waiting time. I really don't want to think about this now but I think you must think ahead.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I am confused with this one, my subclass 300 visa was approved last September 2017, and got married 2 weeks ago, I am confused with the cost because it say's $7000. Please tell me how can I start my next visa? I am really confused here. Thank you.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.