Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone,

I was wondering if you have been granted a Prospective Marriage Visa for a partner from Morocco, are they allowed to leave the country to visit Morocco and come back into Australia within the 9 months?

The official website states they are free to leave the country and re-enter as they please, however I was wondering if the visa situation would affect a Moroccan!

Thank you in advance!

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Also just a question about the police clearance on the PMV - my fiancé has an offence for running a red light and also for 'drinking in public' (although he had just bought a bottle of beer and was subsequently stopped by the police, then fined). Will this be an issue?

·
Premium Member
6,603 Posts
No reason why a Moroccan should not be able to travel on a PMV.

Can’t see any character issues with the offences you mention.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
That's amazing!! Thank you, Nick!

I just thought as a Moroccan requires a visa to enter Australia - if he were to visit home and then come back to Australia within the nine months, he might have to apply for another visa?

But good to hear it's cleared, thank you so much!!

·
Premium Member
6,603 Posts
They can travel to Australia on the PMV and travel in and out of Australia as often as they want while the visa remains valid( 9 months). Once the PMV has expired and the sc. 820 onshore partner visa is being processed, they’d need a Bridging Visa B to be able to travel.

If they want to come to Australia before the PMV is granted, they have to get a tourist visa first.

·
Registered
3,917 Posts
That's amazing!! Thank you, Nick!

I just thought as a Moroccan requires a visa to enter Australia - if he were to visit home and then come back to Australia within the nine months, he might have to apply for another visa?

But good to hear it's cleared, thank you so much!!
The subclass 300 IS the visa that allows him to reenter.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hi Nick and skybluebrewer,

Thank you for the information :)

I had read somewhere that if you didn't apply for a special consideration for travelling on the PMV, they may not allow the foreigner to re-enter the country. I guess it was misinformation.

Thank you!

·
Registered
3,917 Posts
Hi Nick and skybluebrewer,

Thank you for the information :)

I had read somewhere that if you didn't apply for a special consideration for travelling on the PMV, they may not allow the foreigner to re-enter the country. I guess it was misinformation.

Thank you!
There are three partner visas, each path has certain things to be aware of.

You can travel to and from Australia as often as you like while the 300 is valid. I myself did it when I was on it.

When the subsequent 820/801 application is made, if the applicant ended up on the bridging visa A, then yes, a BVB would need to be applied for to travel as the BVA only allows the applicant to stay onshore, not leave and reenter. When I was on the 300, the 820 was granted before the 300 ended and so the BVA never went into effect. I was able to travel freely on both the 300 and the 820.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Oh I see, thank you so much for the information!

So your partner visa was approved quite quickly then! May I ask where you're originally from?

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Hello everyone! Bringing this thread back to life (as I don't want to drown the forum with my threads!)

If we are approved for the PMV 300 for a Moroccan citizen, how soon would it be for my partner to be able to travel on Australian rights? We would like to do a cruise to the Pacific Islands departing from Sydney - however I can't find information on how to get a visa for a Moroccan to Noumea, Isle of Pines, Mare... islands that no one has ever heard of! Hahaha!

·
Registered
91 Posts
Your partner would be considered a Morrocan citizen according to the NC government. You I will have to check essentially French visa requirements for Morrocan citizens. As this is not an immigration website for countries other than Australia but from my experience knowing other foreign nationals (excluding Australian/New Zealander and Schengen country individuals) travelling to New Caledonia and French Polynesia for him may require a Schengen State tourist visa.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Hi everyone,

I have been following and reading this forum for about a year now collecting information & trying to find the best way to do things. We finally feel like personally and documentation/evidence-wise we are ready to apply for the PMV! (Australian and Moroccan.)

Does anyone know if the fact that I am currently living in Morocco with him, would affect the chances of acceptance of the PMV? I guess what I mean is - would they consider us not suitable to move as I am not currently employed in Australia?

I was living in the UK for 7 months, then I moved to Morocco to be with him. He makes enough money to cover both of us so I don't need to work. Also, when we move to Australia, we plan to stay in my parent's home until we find our feet which my mother will sign for in her Stat Dec in the application.

Any help is greatly appreciated. Thank you all in advance!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.