Australia Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My partner is an Australian Citizen who has been living in the UK for 9 Years. We have been together for 2 years now and are expecting a child together in May. We would very much like our child to have the upbringing my partner had. She will gain a passport for Australia through Citizenship by descent. We have cohabited together since November 2016 (with his family) and have been renting since October 2017. We are looking at the prospective marriage visa and planning on submitting our application August 2018 as we would like our daughter to spend quality time with my family before we move. Does it look like we have a strong chance of being granted this visa?

·
Registered
6,965 Posts
My partner is an Australian Citizen who has been living in the UK for 9 Years. We have been together for 2 years now and are expecting a child together in May. We would very much like our child to have the upbringing my partner had. She will gain a passport for Australia through Citizenship by descent. We have cohabited together since November 2016 (with his family) and have been renting since October 2017. We are looking at the prospective marriage visa and planning on submitting our application August 2018 as we would like our daughter to spend quality time with my family before we move. Does it look like we have a strong chance of being granted this visa?
Subject to everything else being OK, you should be OK with that.

I had been living with my partner in her country for almost 9 months when we did the PMV application.

A PMV is relatively easy compared to a full partner Visa.

However, you may wish to consider the Partner Visa 309. It might be easier and faster overall, in your situation..

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.