Australia Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Just wanted to check a couple of questions that other users might have had experience with.

Submitted a Prospective Marriage visa Application on the 19/01/2017.

Here is my scenario, my fiance is originally from Iraq but she is living in France and has EU permanent residency with a France travel document for refuges. All her Iraqi documents have been taken of her by the french authorities as they are the rules for her to get PR in France.

In regards to her application:
Submitted online on 19/01/2017 (Madrid)
Medicals and fingerprints assessment requested on same day 19/01/2017
Medicals & Fingerprints completed on 03/02/2017 (Paris)
Completed Medicals received 08/02/2017

Will this applicant be considered from a High risk country or a low risk country, considering she is originally from Iraq but is based in France with a EU PR?

Current states is Assessment in Progress and applicant has not been contacted for any interview as yet, is this normal?

All documents have been submitted including form 80,
how do I know if the application is being looked at or it is just put on the side at the moment?

We have not had any communication since the first day of application, do we know if there is any progress or it just might be sitting in a pile of applications?

Best regards,
Benb

·
Registered
391 Posts
We have not had any communication since the first day of application, do we know if there is any progress or it just might be sitting in a pile of applications?

Best regards,
Benb
My fiance submitted his application 23 November 2016 and have also heard nothing since first day! Actually our application still says received even.

This is a good lesson in patience for us.

Not sure about the risk rating but knowing DIBP probably high risk.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I know how you feel it is very hard for us as well being away from each other. Just wondering did your fiance do the medical tests and the finger prints etc already or that has not been done yet.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Here is an update about my Application: Finally All done
Submitted online on 19/01/2017 (Madrid)
Medicals and fingerprints assessment requested on same day 19/01/2017
Medicals & Fingerprints completed on 03/02/2017 (Paris)
Completed Medicals received 08/02/2017
Request for more Information 27/04/2017
Visa Grant Notification 17/05/2017

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.