Australia Forum banner

21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Have you got the travel ban exemption to get to Australia?
My flight is only in July so I am not able to file for the exemption yet :(
They say at-most 2 months in advance, system allows up to 3 months in advance. So I got another month or 2 ahead of me.
Being vaccinated with the finest that is Pfizer , and generally healthy with clean records and positive intentions, I believe I could get the exemption...but so many rejections in general made me skeptical lately.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hello all,

I am new to this forum. I wish to know (if possible) whether there has already been a coordinated effort to form a petition against the decision to require an exemption for subclass 300 Visas (prospective marriage) when student visas do not need exemption nor do critical skills visas. I am entertaining the possibility of forming a petition and gathering signatures to send to parliament in order to force the topic to be discussed again and reviewing this (in my opinion outlandish decision) considering and provided that it affects so many Australians' lives.

Thank you

·
Registered
6,124 Posts
Hello all,

I am new to this forum. I wish to know (if possible) whether there has already been a coordinated effort to form a petition against the decision to require an exemption for subclass 300 Visas (prospective marriage) when student visas do not need exemption nor do critical skills visas. I am entertaining the possibility of forming a petition and gathering signatures to send to parliament in order to force the topic to be discussed again and reviewing this (in my opinion outlandish decision) considering and provided that it affects so many Australians' lives.

Thank you
If a petition is done it has to be worded accurately, or it can be easily rejected.

You mention that critical skills visas do not require an exemption. Their reply would probably be that they do, in the same way that subclass 300s do, based on these figures:

Travel Ban Exemption Statistics.

Compelling and Compassionate Reasons:
3,630 granted.
35,303 refused.

Critical Skills (non medical)
9,736 Granted.
10,852 Refused.

The reason that subclass 300 grant holders require an exemption is that the couples in 'some' of these applications have only ever met for a week or two. Should these be granted one of the limited numbers of exemptions?

Those with longer relationships, should of course be eligible for an exemption.

That is the point of an application, to try to show equal relationship levels to a subclass 309 applicant.

·
Registered
2 Posts
If a petition is done it has to be worded accurately, or it can be easily rejected.

You mention that critical skills visas do not require an exemption. Their reply would probably be that they do, in the same way that subclass 300s do, based on these figures:

Travel Ban Exemption Statistics.

Compelling and Compassionate Reasons:
3,630 granted.
35,303 refused.

Critical Skills (non medical)
9,736 Granted.
10,852 Refused.

The reason that subclass 300 grant holders require an exemption is that the couples in 'some' of these applications have only ever met for a week or two. Should these be granted one of the limited numbers of exemptions?

Those with longer relationships, should of course be eligible for an exemption.

That is the point of an application, to try to show equal relationship levels to a subclass 309 applicant.
I do not understand the validity of the reason for exemption. If I have already been granted a visa for subclass 300 why should I also not be granted a right to enter the country to marry considering that is the Visa I apply for to begin with? In order to get a Visa to begin with loads of documents and proofs need to be provided and you wait for a long time as well. So after waiting all this time and getting the Visa now they are requiring proofs that are impossible to provide if you are in long distance relationship including cohabitation of 2 years minimum and joint bank accounts of 2 years minimum. The criteria are impossible to overcome and are DESIGNED in a way to eliminate people from entering the country. I do not believe this is right though and in fact is against human rights.

I have thought this through carefully and the only way for all people to overcome this is to form a petition and word it in a meaningful way for all those people who ALREADY HOLD A VISA and cannot enter the country because it is impossible to provide the proofs they want/need to enter with exemption in such cases.

·
Registered
6,124 Posts
a petition and word it in a meaningful way
That is the important part.

However, there is another issue to consider. Getting the actual flights, which are restricted by quarantine place numbers.

Almost 40,000 Australian Citizens are also being stopped from returning home due to these restrictions. That issue is heading to a human rights question.

Someone somewhere has to determine priority.

I personally feel that by the time these petitions and court cases are finalised, the borders will be open anyway.

·
Registered
795 Posts
"student visas do not need exemption"
Where is that information? Based on what I can find while offshore student visas can be granted at the moment the borders are still closed to them. Incorrect info will also sink a petition without it getting it looked at.
Basing my info from here

·
Registered
8 Posts
The requirements for the PMV 300 aren't very strict (you need to have met in person at least once) so I guess that's why there is also an exemption process. Do you think a long-term couple with children should be in the same queue as two people who only met in person once? Unfortunately, with the current arrival caps, they need to prioritise who can enter the country and who can't, and they have to draw a line somewhere. I do agree that we need to increase the hotel quarantine capacity and the arrival caps to bring more people in, and then should definitely allow PMV visa holders to enter without an exemption.

21 - 27 of 27 Posts