Australia Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Im from Venezuela, Im Kari.. We have applied for this visa last september 2011, My fiance is australian..:we have no idea about how long its going to take.. please can anyone tell me .. I've heard latin countries are considered high risk so the visa is not granted too easy..

thanks in advance for you help:)

·
Registered
28 Posts
Mexico HELP

Hello there! I am Amy and I am from Mexico.
I met my fiance in London in 2007 but we have been together for more than 2 years now. I came back from Australia a month ago because I couldnt extend my tourist visa. We are now engaged and in the process for this visa. He Is an Australian citizen. Because we lived in London I need a police check from there which I'm still awaiting for it. My application is ready to be sent. But my question is being Mexican and being from a high risk country. How long is going to Take for this visa to be approved, we are so desperate to be together as we missed each other like crazy.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I met my fiance in London in 2007 but we have been together for more than 2 years now. I came back from Australia a month ago because I couldnt extend my tourist visa. We are now engaged and in the process for this visa. He Is an Australian citizen. Because we lived in London I need a police check from there which I'm still awaiting for it. My application is ready to be sent. But my question is being Mexican and being from a high risk country. How long is going to Take for this visa to be approved, we are so desperate to be together as we missed each other like crazy.
Hi there.. once you applied for it, it takes 3 months.. but once you send all documents..I sent all of them at the same time..
I wish you the best..
Kari

·
Registered
40 Posts
AmyFB said:
Hey Amy nice to meet you!! My fiance is Mexican too its been a long journey! We applied for his visa in August this yr its being processed in Ottawa..how bout u? We have been waiting almost 5 months now..but another Mexican I know got hers approve same visa in less than 3 months! So ita hard to tell!

Wow London huh..thats exciting! My fiance has never been abroad besides the usa!

Good luck to you both..hope we get some good news!! :)

·
Registered
28 Posts
Hi! Nice to meet you too. Yes! We met In London! Actually because we lived there I need the police check from there also. Is the only thing that is missing everything else is ready. Hopefully I will received it next week and lodge it ASAP. And how are you both doing being apart so long? Any advice. It is so hard and I miss my boy so much!! We talked every day. It is really stressing this waiting!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hi! Nice to meet you too. Yes! We met In London! Actually because we lived there I need the police check from there also. Is the only thing that is missing everything else is ready. Hopefully I will received it next week and lodge it ASAP. And how are you both doing being apart so long? Any advice. It is so hard and I miss my boy so much!! We talked every day. It is really stressing this waiting!
Hi Amy..
I understand you.. it has been difficult and hard. we skype every day..and send pictures of each other all the time..nowadays withe internet its easier.. well kind of..think that every day is a day less apart..

Muchos exitos..
karina

·
Registered
40 Posts
AmyFB said:
Yes i really understand..my fiance almost had to get an fbi check because he was living in the states but good thing it wasnt for more than 12 months!

Its hard being apart we have been through so much as i can imagine you have too..but it makes us stronger..my advice is be patient & it will all be worth it! I was living in Mexico for 8 months but had to come bak to Aussie to do my part for his visa...i love your country too :) What part are u from?

·
Registered
40 Posts
AmyFB said:
Yes i really understand..my fiance almost had to get an fbi check because he was living in the states but good thing it wasnt for more than 12 months!

Its hard being apart we have been through so much as i can imagine you have too..but it makes us stronger..my advice is be patient & it will all be worth it! I was living in Mexico for 8 months but had to come bak to Aussie to do my part for his visa...i love your country too :) What part are u from?

·
Registered
28 Posts
Great! I really hope you can get the visa Soon!! Where were you living? I am from Guadalajara. Mexico is lovely, did you like the food? I loved Australia as well I came back a month ago, very organized and clean country. Full of kangaroos haha. By the way in Australia is the 31th Happy New Year!

·
Registered
40 Posts
Hello Im from Venezuela, Im Kari.. We have applied for this visa last september 2011, My fiance is australian..:we have no idea about how long its going to take.. please can anyone tell me .. I've heard latin countries are considered high risk so the visa is not granted too easy..

thanks in advance for you help:)
Hi Kari nice to meet you, welcome to the forum :) What office did you apply for your visa? Which kind of visa did you apply? Hopefully if you applied in September it should only be a couple more months! As you supplied all the correct evidence & forms, checks you should be fine..have you heard from the embassy or a CO yet at all?

Me & my fiance uses Skype also almost everyday hehe it really helps!

Buena suerte con todo hehe..keep us updated!

·
Registered
40 Posts
Great! I really hope you can get the visa Soon!! Where were you living? I am from Guadalajara. Mexico is lovely, did you like the food? I loved Australia as well I came back a month ago, very organized and clean country. Full of kangaroos haha. By the way in Australia is the 31th Happy New Year!
Thanks! Me too we are desperate to see each other again its been too long! Oh thats nice Ive heard it a lovely place..I LOVE Mexican food Im always craving tacos de pescado :p My partner is from Tijuana we lived there & also Obregon in Sonora :)

Happy New Year to you also!! Im glad you like Australia ;)

·
Registered
28 Posts
I wish both the best of the lucks with your visas this year, you are not far to get it, at the end every step is worth it to be with the person you love. I love this site because we can talk about our frustations. Tijuana I am very impressed that you liked it. I am from the North actually. Los Mochis, I lived there for 15 years, it is only two hours from Cd Obregon. I have friends there. Best Mexican food ever!

·
Registered
40 Posts
AmyFB said:
I wish both the best of the lucks with your visas this year, you are not far to get it, at the end every step is worth it to be with the person you love. I love this site because we can talk about our frustations. Tijuana I am very impressed that you liked it. I am from the North actually. Los Mochis, I lived there for 15 years, it is only two hours from Cd Obregon. I have friends there. Best Mexican food ever!
I liked it of course because Im with the one I love..he showed me some nice places too..Rosarito & Endenada was my favorite. I love the seafoods most of all in Mexico.& carne asada! Where in Aus are u migrating too? Im from Sydney :) Im sure my fiance will want to made friends with other latins here in Aus also hehehe

·
Registered
28 Posts
Surely will be heaps of latinos in Sydney. We will settled at least for the NeXT two years up to Darwin, harder for me, no Latinos there, but I dont care as long as Im with him. I loved Darwin By the way, it's lovely. I know a lot of aussies will say: Darwin? Really?

·
Registered
40 Posts
Surely will be heaps of latinos in Sydney. We will settled at least for the NeXT two years up to Darwin, harder for me, no Latinos there, but I dont care as long as Im with him. I loved Darwin By the way, it's lovely. I know a lot of aussies will say: Darwin? Really?
Thats great. There's also alot of good jobs there :) I haven't been there before but Ive always wanted too & to see Ayers Rock & the canyons. Thats good you can get settled...& if you've been there before you will already have some freinds. The main thing is your partner..you will be happy & wont have any distance..that will be the best thing!

·
Registered
35 Posts
Thanks! Me too we are desperate to see each other again its been too long! Oh thats nice Ive heard it a lovely place..I LOVE Mexican food Im always craving tacos de pescado :p My partner is from Tijuana we lived there & also Obregon in Sonora :)

Happy New Year to you also!! Im glad you like Australia ;)
Hi girls~

I'm from Mexico too (Tijuana actually!), but I'm living in Australia with my husband now - almost 2 years since my visa application was approved. If there's anything I can help you guys with, contact me :) I sure know how hard it is to find some info from Mexicans moving to Australia. Have a good one and good luck!

·
Registered
40 Posts
Pinky said:
Hi girls~

I'm from Mexico too (Tijuana actually!), but I'm living in Australia with my husband now - almost 2 years since my visa application was approved. If there's anything I can help you guys with, contact me :) I sure know how hard it is to find some info from Mexicans moving to Australia. Have a good one and good luck!
Hi Pinky..thats cool..what a small world! Where in Aus are u living :) I lived in TJ for 8 months..it was hard not being able to work & my fiances family didnt knw how to speak English so I had to learn Spanish..quite the experience but I loved it all! I had alot of time to do my research on these visas..now we wait!

How long did it take to get ur pmv..or did u go for the spouse visa?

So nice to meet you!! :)

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.