Australia Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi! I am currently living in Japan as a graduate student but I am a Philippine passport holder. My Australian fiance and I are planning to apply for the Prospective Marriage Visa (subclass 300) soon and get married in Australia. Can you give me an advice if it is okay to apply for the visa even if I am in a student visa here in Japan?

·
Registered
5,979 Posts
Can you give me an advice if it is okay to apply for the visa even if I am in a student visa here in Japan?
As long as the prospective visa applicant is outside Australia you can apply for a subclass 300 visa from anywhere that has an internet connection. You can expect the application to be processed in Manila.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you for your reply!

But the application will all be lodged online right? Will the processing location matter?

·
Registered
19 Posts
Hi! I am currently living in Japan as a graduate student but I am a Philippine passport holder. My Australian fiance and I are planning to apply for the Prospective Marriage Visa (subclass 300) soon and get married in Australia. Can you give me an advice if it is okay to apply for the visa even if I am in a student visa here in Japan?
Online or paper application will do. I'm from Phil too. I applied my PMV Visa this June in Singapore, as i am currently working here. My case officer aasessing is from Singapore.

·
Registered
4,534 Posts
Online or paper application will do. I'm from Phil too. I applied my PMV Visa this June in Singapore, as i am currently working here. My case officer aasessing is from Singapore.
Online only after 1 July so unless that app will get to where it needs to be before then, don't waste your time.

Online is cheaper as well as no need to get certified copies of everything.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Online only after 1 July so unless that app will get to where it needs to be before then, don't waste your time.

Online is cheaper as well as no need to get certified copies of everything.
Yes you are right about paying for tje certified copies. I did pay, but I opted for the paper application as i submitted a lot of evidences just to be sure. After submission , they right away asked for medical and police check which. I had submitted both request 2 weeks after application and i received thereafter acknowledgement receipt and the name of the case.officer in charge.
Now im just gonna wait patiently.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.