Australia Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello guys, I was wondering if anyone here can give me advice. I am an Australian Citizen and my fiance is a Filipina. We have met back in 2014 and now have been together for 4 years. She had been to Sydney 3 times as a tourist. First time was in 2016 for 3 month then 2017 twice for 3 months each visit. With the last application for tourist we were actually engaged and it was mentioned to my letter when I sponsored her visit. This year we plan to get married maybe in May/July 2019. We submitted an online application for Prospective Marriage Visa 2 weeks ago. My question or clarification needed are: As soon as we submitted the application online and paid 7K plus for the application, she received a request right away after few hrs saying.. "Action required" arrange a health assessment. Is that the medical assessment that they actually want? I heard from people saying usually the medical assessment comes later not right away. Plus. Since I am the sponsor when she logs in to immi, under the attachment section there are a drop down for her name and separate for my name as well which I believe she needed to attach documents. These drop downs when we check both requirements needed were pretty identical for both of us. Can you guys explain how this works if anyone here had gone to this type of visa. I had gone to asking people on youtube even and so far I have no respond lol.

·
Registered
6,758 Posts
We submitted an online application for Prospective Marriage Visa 2 weeks ago. My question or clarification needed are: As soon as we submitted the application online and paid 7K plus for the application, she received a request right away after few hrs saying.. "Action required" arrange a health assessment. Is that the medical assessment that they actually want? I heard from people saying usually the medical assessment comes later not right away.
Yes, that health assessment is the medical.

I think that notification is automatic. We applied for the Medical about a month after we lodged the 300 application, and had it completed within two months. Had to plan travel to Manila. Some people wait until asked.

These drop downs when we check both requirements needed were pretty identical for both of us.
You will notice what you feel is a lot of duplication. It seems normal.

·
Registered
3,917 Posts
The checklist on the immigration website for the 300 visa is a good guideline, rather than the generic upload list. Also that action required for the medical is automatic. Your choice to do it now or wait until requested via email by a CO. It's only valid for 12 months.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Im currently in futher assessment status. Pmv Lodged my visa 03/2018. After i lodged my application, theres an action about medical. And i did it right away in st. Lukes. Btw im filipina too. Add me in facebook. We can communicate easily there. ~ ien lu

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.