Australia Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Advice on how to obtain and how long and how much. Been declined twice for a visitors visa as I wanted my partner to visit me and see where I live and see some of Australia and go back home and talk to the family and make sure that's what my partner wants. Before moving here but have been declined because they don't believe my partner plans to go back home. Not happy, they don't know my partner or myself so how can they make that assumption.

·
Premium Member
6,602 Posts
Advice on how to obtain and how long and how much. Been declined twice for a visitors visa as I wanted my partner to visit me and see where I live and see some of Australia and go back home and talk to the family and make sure that's what my partner wants. Before moving here but have been declined because they don't believe my partner plans to go back home. Not happy, they don't know my partner or myself so how can they make that assumption.
You can find the basic "how's" on the Immi website for free or you can arrange a consultation with a Registered Migration Agent for proper advice.

Current application fee : $ 7160.00

Processing time, anywhere between 6 weeks and 12 months or longer, depending on circumstances and country of residence.

Applicants for vistor visas must provide evidence that they meet "genuine visitor" requirements and have a stong incentive too return home. It is up to the applicant to provide convincing evidence.

·
Registered
70 Posts
The reason for the IMMI refused the visitor visa because lack of evidence of her to return to origin countries. Example work letter reference etc.

The best choice is to use an agent for the next visa to be approval because the agent can arrange and give you the documents before you submit the application. I told two of my friends to use an agent to apply their visitor visa After their GF's visitor Visa been refused once and they received the news before Xmas, the IMMI granted the visitor visa for their GF now.

·
Registered
6,958 Posts
You mentioned "Prospective Partner Visa"". We did the Prospective Marriage visa, subclass 300. That is nearly $8,500 for the combined free. $7,160 up front then another $1,195 to switch to the 820 partner visa, after marriage.

I would estimate about 12 months before getting the PMV 300 visa, and being able to move to Australia. But it could be shorter or longer. Ours took 9 months.

Visitor visa refusals are more common from some countries than from others, where higher numbers do overstay, and consequently YOU need to prove that you are not the same as the others. That situation does make it harder for the genuine applicants.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.