Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,

I am from India and my boyfriend (an Indian as well) is in Australia since a year and a half. We are in a relationship since 3 years and I have visited him once in Australia too. Since, we plan to lodge an application latest by October we want to gather the documents and know more about the process.

I have queries and would be great if you guys can help us out.

a. I have found out that PMV is also referred as fiance visa. Is that correct? Do we have to be engaged to apply? Or pictures/call logs/ messages/ travel tickets etc. is just enough to show as an evidence :confused: .

b. If we plan to get married in India after receiving the PMV visa, do we have to submit NOIM from India only? If we plan to get a NOIM in Australia, does that mean in the future we have to get married in Australia only. We plan to not apply for NOIM in India because as per the law, the marriage has to be solemnised within 3 calendar months of the application :( .

·
Registered
907 Posts
Hi :)

Generally you have to be engaged to get married to be granted this visa. Once it's granted, you should marry your fiance within 9 months.

NOIM is only needed if you plan to marry in Australia. If you're getting married in any other country you would need evidence that you intend to marry your partner within 9 months of being granted the visa.
"Such evidence must be a signed and dated letter (on letterhead) from an authorised marriage celebrant who will conduct your wedding ceremony. The letter must include the place and date (or date range) on which the planned marriage ceremony may take place" - Partner Migration Booklet.

What's your partners immigration status in Australia? What did you both put as your marital status for your visa applications to Australia within the past 3 years?

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hey Ramah,

Thanks for your response!

He has a PR. Though we plan to get engaged by November/December (the only time he will get to be in India). We haven't lodged our applications as of yet, we plan to latest by October.

Also applying 'Intent to Marry' for a long duration isn't possible in my country as we have to get married within the 3 months of its application. What if we apply NOIM from Australia itself, in the future can we cancel that and get married in India instead?

·
Registered
6,928 Posts
While it maybe referred to by many things - to avoid confusion just call it a PMV.

Just get an NOIM in Australia - no big deal most are never the right date and you can change and do any marriage any place with anyone as long as it is a recognized legal marriage by DIBP.

You need to enter Australia on the PMV once granted - then marry (any place) within 9 months of the grant date, not your arrival date in Australia.

The process is long, expensive and lots of evidences (or future/s planned for all 4 relationship categories) need to be supplied.

·
Registered
907 Posts
Hey Ramah,

He has a PR. Though we plan to get engaged by November/December (the only time he will get to be in India). We haven't lodged our applications as of yet, we plan to latest by October.

Also applying 'Intent to Marry' for a long duration isn't possible in my country as we have to get married within the 3 months of its application. What if we apply NOIM from Australia itself, in the future can we cancel that and get married in India instead?
You have to show your intention to marry at the time of lodging the application so usually that's by getting engaged, I don't know if this is a mandatory requirement. You could have a read through the partner migration booklet and see if it helps: https://www.border.gov.au/Forms/Documents/1127.pdf

I don't think you actually have to submit a NOIM from India, as stated in my previous post, you just need that letter.

The definition of NOIM in the partner migration booklet is "A Notice of Intended Marriage that is completed by a couple who intend to
marry in Australia" so you won't need one if you're planning on getting married in India.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
While it maybe referred to by many things - to avoid confusion just call it a PMV.

Just get an NOIM in Australia - no big deal most are never the right date and you can change and do any marriage any place with anyone as long as it is a recognized legal marriage by DIBP.

You need to enter Australia on the PMV once granted - then marry (any place) within 9 months of the grant date, not your arrival date in Australia.

The process is long, expensive and lots of evidences (or future/s planned for all 4 relationship categories) need to be supplied.
Thank you so much! Do we have to provide proofs of engagement in terms of engagement ceremony, ring pictures etc.? Won't normal get together details, pictures, call logs etc. be enough to show as an evidence?

·
Registered
6,928 Posts
Each couple are different.

We had a proposal in text over Skype - we supplied that copy.

We did not have any rings - so no photos or receipts

We did not have an Engagement Ceremony.

You need future stuff to like where will you both live short and long term (get it in emails where possible), Will there be kids? when?, Who will bring in the income and how will it be spent, Who will cook, who will clean, what social events are/will and have you attended together.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Each couple are different.

We had a proposal in text over Skype - we supplied that copy.

We did not have any rings - so no photos or receipts

We did not have an Engagement Ceremony.

You need future stuff to like where will you both live short and long term (get it in emails where possible), Will there be kids? when?, Who will bring in the income and how will it be spent, Who will cook, who will clean, what social events are/will and have you attended together.
I got it! I do have an idea now. Thank you so much :)

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hey Ramah,

Hi,

Did you get your PMV300? In how much time you got it? I am planning to apply for the same from India and I would appreciate the information and guidance.

Thanks in advance.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.