Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I am a Permanent Resident in Australia and my fiance is currently residing in the Philippines. We are planning to apply for a Prospective Visa this year so we can be together. We have known each other since we were in high school but have only been a couple since 2009. I have read the Visa requirements and evidence we need and we have it all.

Our main concern is that his application for Visa will be rejected because he is currently unemployed. Does it matter or it will be okay since I am able to support him? Please advise thank you.

·
Registered
7,467 Posts
Being currently unemployed will obviously not look so bad if he has had some employment previously and with a PMV they will look at your employment/financial situation to assess your ability to support him, you needing a salary of $29,000 p.a. before they would seek an Assurer of Support.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Wanderer,

Thanks for your reply. I think with that requirement (annual income), I should be okay. However, my fiance has never worked since he is a newly graduate. Can that affect our application? By the way, this site is very helpful.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Hi Wanderer,

what if the "sponsor" has just recently started full-time employment, for the past few months, before applying for the Partner Visa (subclass: 309) or the Prospective Marriage Visa (subclass: 300).

how would that affect the application?

·
Registered
7,467 Posts
Hi Wanderer,

Thanks for your reply. I think with that requirement (annual income), I should be okay. However, my fiance has never worked since he is a newly graduate. Can that affect our application? By the way, this site is very helpful.
It should not have a bad effect and if he has studied for a particular qualification that may help him with employment in Australia that will offset any unemployment.
But essentially you need to build a case about the background to your knowledge of oneanother and demonstrate why there is commitment to the future.

·
Registered
7,467 Posts
Hi Wanderer,

what if the "sponsor" has just recently started full-time employment, for the past few months, before applying for the Partner Visa (subclass: 309) or the Prospective Marriage Visa (subclass: 300).

how would that affect the application?
If they have any doubts about a sponsors ability to meet requirements they will ask for an Assurer of Support.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.