Australia Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi i am new here i hope every one is fine and in good health. My question was i was on student visa in australia and i lodge a protection visa application which was refused by dibp & aat as well. I left australia when my bridging visa was about to finish.
Does ban apply on me ?
Can i apply again student visa while i am off shore.
What are my chances of other visas.

Kindly help me out
Thanks

·
Super Moderator
5,266 Posts
If you left Australia before your bridging visa expired, there shouldn't be a ban.
You can certainly apply for a student visa but I suspect DIBP would have serious doubts about you meeting the Genuine Temporary Entrant criteria given your previous protection visa application. So you may find it difficult to get any form of temporary visa to Australia.

·
Premium Member
6,612 Posts
Both tourist and student visas are subject to PIC 4014, so if you left Australia while on a BVC or a BVE, there could bel be a 3 year exclusion ban. There are some exceptions depending on timing of the bridging visa grant and there is a waiver option.

With tourist visas, there is also PIC 4011: An applicant is affected by a risk factor if during the period of 5 years immediately preceding the application, the applicant has applied for a visa for the purpose of permanent residence in Australia.

As the previous poster pointed out, you are going to have issues with GTE or Genuine Visitor requirements, given your immigration history.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for guidance is there any way i can find out about my immigration history for instance do i have ban on me or not ?

·
Premium Member
6,612 Posts
Thanks for guidance is there any way i can find out about my immigration history for instance do i have ban on me or not ?
Exclusion periods depend on the visa you want to apply for (because different visas are subject to different public interest and special return criteria) and your immigration status when you departed Australia.

You can lodge a FOI request to retrieve your entire Immigration and visa history.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.