Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello
My wife has just been successful in an AAT appeal and soon will have a Protection visa (subclass 866) visa (yay!)

I have a coupe of questions if anyone can help

1: She has a child of 7 in the country she came from and wants him to come over under the split family provision. I have read that we have to let the department know of this BEFORE her visa is actually granted (so fat its just AAT decision) How do we let the department know this by phone? email? is there a form?

2: She has been here on a bridging visa A for almost four years. WIll this count as a "valid visa" in relation to citizenship and the four year rule?

3: She is protected, not from the country but from certain people in the country and desperately wants to go and see her son, we can arrange it safely.

Would the department consider a safe short trip to see her son, who she has not seen for 4 years a compelling reason to allow a visit to that country if we were nowhere near the certain people?

It is a country in Asia, not a dangerous country but she was exposed to family violence and other stuff and that is why the AAT appeal said remit the departments original no decision

thanks in advance :)

·
Registered
391 Posts
Hello
My wife has just been successful in an AAT appeal and soon will have a Protection visa (subclass 866) visa (yay!)

1: She has a child of 7 in the country she came from and wants him to come over under the split family provision. I have read that we have to let the department know of this BEFORE her visa is actually granted (so fat its just AAT decision) How do we let the department know this by phone? email? is there a form?

2: She has been here on a bridging visa A for almost four years. WIll this count as a "valid visa" in relation to citizenship and the four year rule?

3: She is protected, not from the country but from certain people in the country and desperately wants to go and see her son, we can arrange it safely.

Would the department consider a safe short trip to see her son, who she has not seen for 4 years a compelling reason to allow a visit to that country if we were nowhere near the certain people?

It is a country in Asia, not a dangerous country but she was exposed to family violence and other stuff and that is why the AAT appeal said remit the departments original no decision

This is a complicated situation, you should seek advice from somewhere like the Asylum seeker resource center or the Refugee and Immigration Legal Service. It should be free for you to ask those questions.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
This is a complicated situation, you should seek advice from somewhere like the Asylum seeker resource center or the Refugee and Immigration Legal Service. It should be free for you to ask those questions.
We are but i thought i would put it out there anyway as we wont get to see them for a couple of weeks :) Main thing i am worried about now is the split stream thing and informing the department before the visa is issued. Im going to call them tomorrow to :inform: them or find out where to send something too

·
Registered
15 Posts
Hello

Hi, I'm also waiting for AAT. Would your wife help me some info

Thanks

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.