Australia Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, my fiance was requested to provide personal identifiers (biometrics) for the PMV and he is going today to the Australian Visa Application Centre in his city for the Biometric Data collection.
Will they give him any document to provide to DIBP as an attachment to his application online? Or does this go automaticaly to DIBP and we just click the button "I confirm I have provided information as requested"?:confused:

·
Registered
27 Posts
I've been twice (for visitor visas) to have the Biometrics collected in Durban, South Africa. They have never given me anything to upload. I was told all the info is uploaded directly by them. After I finished with my appointment, I just clicked the magic button. I'm sure it would be the same for the PMV. I hope to submit my PMV within the next month too.

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
If your partner is doing their medical, then yes, the information is sent straight to the department once it's finalised. You can submit the receipt from the exam or any documentation you are given to show that you have undertaken the medical.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I've been twice (for visitor visas) to have the Biometrics collected in Durban, South Africa. They have never given me anything to upload. I was told all the info is uploaded directly by them. After I finished with my appointment, I just clicked the magic button. I'm sure it would be the same for the PMV. I hope to submit my PMV within the next month too.
Thank you very much for your reply! Then I will click the magic button. Fingers crossed!

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks. Where are you applying from?
My fiance is Nigerian and we applied online. I think the application will go through Pretoria South Africa. While waiting he will apply for visitor visa to come and visit me. You mentioned that you have been twice for biometrics for tourist visa. Was it granted? I see from the forum that is not easy to get a visitor visa when your origin country is considered high risk country like Nigeria is.

·
Registered
1,960 Posts
My fiance is Nigerian and we applied online. I think the application will go through Pretoria South Africa. While waiting he will apply for visitor visa to come and visit me. You mentioned that you have been twice for biometrics for tourist visa. Was it granted? I see from the forum that is not easy to get a visitor visa when your origin country is considered high risk country like Nigeria is.
Becomes easier with a PMV in progress as that in itself is reason to return.

Still doesn't make it a cake walk though.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.