Australia Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi, I have been trying to find similar post but couldn't find any so thought I will start my own thread. I am Australian citizen and my wife have made an application on 309 subclass visa about a year ago. The application is still in process. I was previously married to my ex-wife few years back and had applied for same visa for her but withdrawn the sponsorship after divorce and the application was withdrawn.

Now the issue is that my wife's case officer asked me to provide written signed statement mentioning the reason of divorce despite I have provided my divorce certificate. Also they should be paying attention on current relationship as in whether it is genuine, not paying attention on my previous relationship as long as it is proven that I am divorced. We have provided enough proof about current relationship already.

My question is how do I write statement mentioning the reason for divorce? Does it have to be in statutory declaration format and be signed in front of authorised witness? What things do I need to mention about the reason of divorce. There are things that some people can't talk about. I feel it may jeopardise my wife's application as in they might say you might have same issue with your current wife too even though everybody is different. Divorce is divorce and its obvious that it didn't work out for some reason. Do they really need to know the reason of divorce? Also I have already provided brief signed statement about previous relationship mentioning divorce at the time of lodgement.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.