Australia Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi , my partner is on an Ecuadorian passport and after many false starts looks like a 90 day tourist visa will be approved... we were originally trying for family sponsored but not considered family despite the fact that I just gave birth to our son 4 weeks ago (have been back in Australia to give birth) - we are desperately trying to get my partner out here ASAP ... I have now looked at flights and am absolutely confused ... when I fly return to Ecuador I’m usually paying around 2,500 AUD , sometimes a bit more when I have left it late to book ... now I’m looking at booking his flights - Ecuador to Australia return and I’m looking at upwards of $6,000 AUD ?!?!? Cheaper options is to go through the USA but I understand that even in transit he would need to go through immigration? Would he also need a visa for America? His English is minimum (I speak Spanish) so was hoping to not have him stuck in the hands of USA immigration!! Any advice?

·
Registered
3,340 Posts
I am pleased that it looks like your partner will get a visitor visa. I had one of my clients refused two months ago. Some of these case officers are unconscionable.

The last place you want to go to is the US. All I can say is look around South Americal and get the best you can. Good luck.

·
Registered
5,948 Posts
Some of these case officers are unconscionable.
Of course they are, being members of an unaccountable and inefficient bureacracy who face no consequences, whatever they do.

If a refused applicant is lucky enough to have a reviewable decision, the best that can be hoped for is to part with further costs and hope the tribunal member is not similary afflicted.

This might change when s/he who stuffs up, pays up. Is that a squadron of pigs I hear??

·
Premium Member
11,215 Posts
If you haven't already tried it, try Skyscanner. Skyscanner you can play around with dates and see what is the best day to fly (I have been looking at flights on Skyscanner to Europe and leaving a day earlier saves $600 per person!). Another option is looking at leaving from a different airport if possible, sometimes that will save some $$.

·
Registered
7,023 Posts
Can you not fly to say Brazil, then to a major hub (Dubai, Singapore, even South Africa) then on to Australia?

Seems way too much.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.