Australia Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am Australian citizen, full time employed, 55. My fiancee is Chinese, unemployed for the last 4 months, 32. We first met on the internet 8/2010, have talked nearly every day since via QQ. We met in person on the 1/1/2011 at Bangkok Airport and spent 20 days together traveling in Thailand. We where planning on getting married in China in July, then apply for spouse visa. But after reading about the requirements, I think a PVM would be a better choice(she would prefer this anyway, as she really wants to marry here.

I am wondering would our age difference have any affect on the visa being approved?
Also the time we have known each other, is it long enough to be applying for PMV?

Any input or advise would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
7,467 Posts
I'd agree with you Rod that the PMV is probably the best visa for you and the age difference though obviously to be noted should not in itself be a deciding factor.
It would probably help to support the application if you were to make a trip to China to have some more time together and be able to meet family and friends etc.
That way you can bump the time of knowing oneanother up a bit from the six months.
It is fairly cheap to get there with cheap flights with Jetstar , Airasia or Tiger and then use them from Singapore or Malaysia or even from Sydney there is FlyVivaMacau to Macau and a ferry across to HK and then on.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for that. I have since contacted the embassy in Shanghai where she would have to apply and they suggest that if I am visiting China the best thing is to make an appointment and apply in person, that way they check can everything and do the interviews on the spot, apparently it gets things moving a lot quicker.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.