Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,
I would like to make a query about subclass 489. I am eligible to apply for this class. So I would like to know whether it would be a good decision for me to go for it. I need to know about the job opportunities in Regional Australia/low population growth metropolitan areas. What are the chances of getting a good job for a Telecom Engineer like me and what would be the processing time if I go for it now. Plus what are the chances that I am gonna get a PR within the four years of visa period.

Thanks in advance

·
Super Moderator
5,266 Posts
I don't know what you're specifically asking when you ask is it a good decision to apply for a 489 visa. If that's your best option for getting a visa, if you meet the eligibility criteria and if you have all the evidence needed to support your application, then it's probably a good idea.

To learn more about job opportunities, it's probably best to look at job boards like Seek.com to see what types of positions are currently being advertised in the areas you'd plan to move to.

I don't know the current processing time, but hopefully someone else can provide more information regarding that.

Whether you'll get PR within 4 years of getting a 489 visa will depend on whether you meet the eligibility criteria in place at that time (currently you need to live 2 years and work full time 1 year in an eligible regional area).

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.