Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Team,

I have a query.I hold and Australian PR sponsored by South Australia and is valid till July 2019. I traveled to South Australia twice. I was not getting any job calls/interviews at the time of my stay there.

I was getting lot of opportunities from other parts of Australia. I couldn;t manage my expenses there and came back to India.
Is there any way for me to opt out of the 2 year stay in South Australia and apply for Jobs in other parts of Australia being in India.

Thanks,
Srinath

·
Super Moderator
5,266 Posts
The obligation to live/work only in SA is a moral one, not a legal one. If you read your visa grant, you will not find any conditions that state you cannot move elsewhere. However, I think it's only fair that visa holders give it their best shot to try to find work and settle in the sponsoring state since they are the reason you were given a visa.

There's some talk that perhaps in future the government may consider this part of the character assessment in the citizenship application process, but I've never heard of anyone having an issue getting citizenship after not moving to the sponsoring state.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The obligation to live/work only in SA is a moral one, not a legal one. If you read your visa grant, you will not find any conditions that state you cannot move elsewhere. However, I think it's only fair that visa holders give it their best shot to try to find work and settle in the sponsoring state since they are the reason you were given a visa.

There's some talk that perhaps in future the government may consider this part of the character assessment in the citizenship application process, but I've never heard of anyone having an issue getting citizenship after not moving to the sponsoring state.
Thanks a lot Maggie-May24, in case if i want to get this waiver of 3 years stay in SA, is they any E-mail Id or Immigration team or government id to whom i can mail and request for waiver.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.