Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Visa class - subclass 600
Visa Grant Date - 28 Dec 2016
Stay For/Until - 12 months
Entries - Multiple
Last Date to Arrive - 28 June 2018

my dad came to Aus under this visa in 20 Feb 2017 and departed in 26 Nov 2017. Can he again come back before 28 June 2018 and stay for another 12 months. Really need to understand. Also I have been hearing that once you stay for 12 months you need to stay out of Aus for 6 months before you come - is it true? Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
7,023 Posts
Visa class - subclass 600
Visa Grant Date - 28 Dec 2016
Stay For/Until - 12 months
Entries - Multiple
Last Date to Arrive - 28 June 2018

my dad came to Aus under this visa in 20 Feb 2017 and departed in 26 Nov 2017.

Can he again come back before 28 June 2018 and stay for another 12 months?

** Yes

Also I have been hearing that once you stay for 12 months you need to stay out of Aus for 6 months before you come - is it true?

** Can be the case, what conditions are listed on the visa?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Visa 600: Sponsored Family or Tourist Stream

Hi

I have applied for my Partner 309 as my husband returned to Australia. I am currently residing in and work in Sri Lanka. I was hoping to get a tourist visa to visit him on and off until the partner visa comes through.

I am hoping to get a 12 month visit visa with multiple entry.

Since he will be the financial and accommodation sponsor for the Visit Visa, do I need to apply in the Family Sponsored stream, or can I apply in the Tourist Stream.

Please advise if there is any other visa that I can apply for.

·
Registered
7,023 Posts
Hi

I have applied for my Partner 309 as my husband returned to Australia. I am currently residing in and work in Sri Lanka. I was hoping to get a tourist visa to visit him on and off until the partner visa comes through.

I am hoping to get a 12 month visit visa with multiple entry.

Since he will be the financial and accommodation sponsor for the Visit Visa, do I need to apply in the Family Sponsored stream, or can I apply in the Tourist Stream.

Please advise if there is any other visa that I can apply for.
Unless your husband has a good history of visits to Australia in the past, the prospect of a 12 month multiple entry visa being granted are low.

Maybe just try a 3 month multi entry after doing some research on Genuine Temporary Entrant requirements.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Unless your husband has a good history of visits to Australia in the past, the prospect of a 12 month multiple entry visa being granted are low.

Maybe just try a 3 month multi entry after doing some research on Genuine Temporary Entrant requirements.
Thank you so much for answering my question so quickly.

My work place has issued a letter stating leave will be provided for a week in July 2018, September 2018 and December 2018 for me to visit Melbourne. Would that help the case for a 12 month multiple entry? Or do you still suggest a 3 month visa?

Also I have visited Australia before, two years ago.

·
Registered
7,023 Posts
You seem to have missed how the visas work.

3,6,12 is the stay periods not the time a visa is valid for.

a 3 month multi entry can be usable depending on enter dates between 3 and 15 months onshore.

a 6 month multi 6 - 18+ months

and a 12 multi 12 - 24+.

·
Registered
6 Posts
You seem to have missed how the visas work.

3,6,12 is the stay periods not the time a visa is valid for.

a 3 month multi entry can be usable depending on enter dates between 3 and 15 months onshore.

a 6 month multi 6 - 18+ months

and a 12 multi 12 - 24+.
Hi ampk,

I applied for a Partner Visa 309 on April 19, 2018, and was contacted to do my medicals on June 10, 2018, which I submitted on June 12, 2018. There have been no further requests from the Aus High Commission in Sri Lanka.

I am currently in Australia on a 3 month Visit Visa 600, which does not have a no further stay condition. Pending a decision on my Partner Visa 309, I want to extend my Visit Visa to continue to stay in Australia. Is it possible to extend my Visit Visa for 6 months? What reasoning and evidence would I have to give? Please let me know.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.