Australia Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Question about bridging visa a (from student to partner visa)

2K views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  mick__326 
#1 ·
Hi,

I lodged our visa yesterday, for an820 partner visa (married and baby on the way with an Australian). I got an automatic reply saying i've been granted a Bridging Visa A which will be in effect when my student visa ceases.

I don't have a problem continuing my study until my course ended and get the BVA. However, i was just wondering if i need to complete my course, i will have a few subjects pending and the course will be unfinished when my student visa expires on July of this year. Will this affect my application, and going to bridging visa after my student visa expires? Do i need to complete my diploma course, in order to proceed to bva?

Any help will be appreciated, thank you!

#3 ·
I thought they cautioned about the risks of x-ray during pregnancy but I'm not aware of anything preventing the applicant from completing their medical. I believe DIBP is flexible with waiting for the medical due to pregnancy.

#4 ·
Hi lilychee,

I am almost in the same situation as you but I'm not pregnat lol.

I wonder If I have to finish my remaining subjects, despite that my student visa expires today (14 March) and the BVA starts tomorrow (15 March) I really want to cancel my course once the bridging is on..

I appreciate any info about my particular enquiry

Cheers

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.