Australia Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi. I just graduated on 21 March, and I received an email from my university with this content on 26 March.

"As you have completed your program early, we are required to notify the Department of Home Affairs (HA) that you are no longer studying with us.

We have informed the Department of Home Affairs of your early completion and you now have 28 days to either apply to the Department of Home Affairs for another visa if you plan to stay in Australia for a while, or make your arrangements to return home."

What will happen after 28 days? The expire date of my current visa is 30 August 2018. Does this email mean that I am at risk of having my visa cancelled after four weeks? And do I have to get another visa granted within this time limit or I am safe as long as I have submitted my visa lodgement?

·
Registered
5,948 Posts
If you have lodged a valid onshore visa application that can be granted onshore, you should be ok to stay until it is decided.

Early completion could be an issue if you need to satisfy the Australian Study Requirement.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Hi. Does visa 485 count as a "valid onshore visa application?". And what happen if my application got refused? Do I have to leave Australia on the same day as the refusal? Do I have at least a period of time to arrange my leaving?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Will my student visa get cancelled immediately in the event that my visa 485 application is refused?

·
Registered
5,948 Posts
Hi. Does visa 485 count as a "valid onshore visa application?". And what happen if my application got refused? Do I have to leave Australia on the same day as the refusal? Do I have at least a period of time to arrange my leaving?
Within 21 days of a 485 refusal decision it would be reviewable in the AAT. This process could take a year or more, during which time you could remain in Australia with your work rights intact.

From what you have posted, it looks as if it is about time you consulted a registered migration agent. for advice about strategy.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.