Australia Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When the immigration websites say they want to see proof of AUD $5,000, does that mean they want to see the currency in AUD or does it matter? Because I have two bank accounts, one in the USA, and one in Aus, but I wasn't sure if they want it a specific way. Plus, I kinda feel like saving everything in my American account would be easier at first, just so I have all my money there when I go to buy the plane ticket. Another question I have is if I showed them around 4,000 or 4,500, do you think they'd be okay with that? Thank you so much. I really appreciate it!

·
Registered
1,960 Posts
Funds to the value of $5000 aud. So $3800 US approx in a US bank will be fine.

Im assuming this is for a work and holiday visa? Will people have gotten away with less then 5k, yes they will and have. Would I risk a visa refusal on it, no i probably wouldn't.

They are wanting to know you can afford to leave the country and also able to afford accomodation food etc without work for a period of time.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you for the response! That makes me feel a lot better, and I think you're right, it's probably best not to risk it. Thank you!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.