Australia Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Question about onshore partner visa

550 views 7 replies 4 participants last post by  Aburayan 
#1 ·
Hello everyone ,

I am thinking about applyin for onshore partner visa soon for my wife and son.
I saw in the website of home affairs that this visa should be submitted when the partner is inside Australia (obviously ) and the partner should be alson in Australia when the decision is taken.
My question is: can my wife apply onshore and then travels oversees (with bvb)?
If she travels, does that mean that the decision will not be taken unless she returns back?
Any thoughts?
Best Regards

#4 ·
she will apply for partner visa 820. My wife and son are in Australia currently however we might need to go oversees for a while and my wife and son could stay longer than me.
We did not decide when to travel but they will apply for bvb at least 2 weeks before travel.

#5 ·
The first question is critical and you failed to answer it!

I believe she (from another of your posts) will apply from a BVA, that makes things tricky for the 820 application.

You should get a RMA - you all have many issues that need to be worked out before an 820 or BVB application is made.

#7 ·
I am an applicant that applied from a BVA. I had to meet Schedule 3 criteria. It was NOT easy and I worked with an amazing RMA from this forum. It was so stressful and even though we felt we had a very solid case for the Schedule 3, we weren't sure if they'd accept it. Lucky for us they did, but it was literally my husband needing a transplant surgery. It takes some extremely serious things to meet Schedule 3 and I do NOT recommend it for anyone. What a scary thing to go through and I wouldn't wish it on my worst enemy.

That being said, if your wife and son are on BVAs when you apply, they will go on BVCs, which means no travel. You can't get a BVB if you are on a BVC. Your wife and son will have to stay in Australia until the decision is made, unless they have another visa to come back on...and then you have to get IMMI to put them back on the BVC. It's a LOT of stuff to go through with no guarantee of the outcome. I hope you have a very good RMA, because that will be vital for any hope of success.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.