Australia Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My son is married to an American lady and is living in the States at the moment. They are filling in her immigration papers and a planning to come back here to live in 2012. My problem is that in Part E 'About your home' of form 40SP it's not clear if they mean his home here or his home in the States.

I called Immigration and was told it meant 'his home in Australia' even if he is living in the States. I rang Immigration again today and they gave me the exact opposite story and said it meant 'his home in the States'. I need to get accurate information from someone who knows exactly what they mean, it seems even Immigration staff are confused. Sarah.

·
Registered
7,467 Posts
My son is married to an American lady and is living in the States at the moment. They are filling in her immigration papers and a planning to come back here to live in 2012. My problem is that in Part E 'About your home' of form 40SP it's not clear if they mean his home here or his home in the States.

I called Immigration and was told it meant 'his home in Australia' even if he is living in the States. I rang Immigration again today and they gave me the exact opposite story and said it meant 'his home in the States'. I need to get accurate information from someone who knows exactly what they mean, it seems even Immigration staff are confused. Sarah.
It can be somewhat amazing at times the variation in information from Immi but we do need to remember that at the end of a line there could be a great variety of experience.

I'd suggest that the first answer is correct seing as a sponsor is going to be an Australian resident or citizen, even if not currently resident in the country and thus they seek to find out details of meeting sponsorship commitments.
Q50 in particular is a massive clue to what it is all about.
http://www.immi.gov.au/allforms/pdf/40sp.pdf

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.