Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello people,

Can you please help me to clarify several questions:

I want to apply for the Skilled Independent visa (subclass 189). The time my application is planned, I will have 8 years of working experience + valid IELTS certificate with minimum 7 points in each part. So in best case I get 30 (age) + 10 (ielts) + 15 (Skilled employment) + 15 (education) + 5 (additional degree) = 75 points

However, I am not sure:
  • I want to apply for the "Developer Programmer" occupation (id 261312). The last 2 years of my experience is a management position (technical manager for 30+ developers). Is it a problem for the occupation verification, as ACS does it only for developers?
  • If I have a PMP certificate, can I get 5 additional points for the additional degree (One or more degrees, diplomas or trade qualifications awarded by an Australian educational institution and meet the Australian Study Requirement)?
  • Does it make sense to collect more than 60 points in order to be selected as at least 60 is required?

Thanks in advance

·
Registered
5,849 Posts
From what you have posted:

You will receive 0 points for holding an additional degree.

Check Regulation 1.15F to see whether you satisfy the Australian Study Requirement.

The best you can expect for work experience is 10 points, possibly fewer.

This is not professional advice. It is only a commentary on your post.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
wrussell, I don't get why you think:
"The best you can expect for work experience is 10 points, possibly fewer"

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.