Australia Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Apologies if this question has already been asked and answered elsewhere but I am wondering about what my residential address is for the purposes of an onshore partner visa application. Since 2016 my wife and I have lived together in an apartment that I own in the US. In December my wife (an Australian citizen) flew back to Australia and I joined her at the end of March. Since mid April we have been living in her mother's house while we look for work and apply for this partner visa. My question is, should I put my mother-in-law's address as my residential address on all the forms. I am living here (and will be for the next few months) but I have no proof that I live here (I've only received one piece of mail, no utility bills, etc.). Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
6,246 Posts
If you use your mother-in-law's address as your residential address, get her to do a statement to say you are living there.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks JandE. Do you think that I should use her address as my residential address (as opposed to my address in the US)?

·
Registered
935 Posts
Thanks JandE. Do you think that I should use her address as my residential address (as opposed to my address in the US)?
Your residential address is where you live.

·
Registered
6,246 Posts
If you are living together, you should probably use the same address, the one you are both living at.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts