Australia Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi. I have been granted the visa 476 - Recent Graduate Visa and Now I am in Australia. It seems not much people have used it, since there were not many threads about it in the forum so I had to ask this question again.My visa dates are as follow:

*Visa Grant Date : 18 December 2014
*Must Make First Entry
to Australia before : 24 November 2015

*Must Not arrive After : 18 June 2016
*Stay Period : 18 months after the date of first arrival
*Travel Facility : Multiple

BTW, I came to Australia on November 21, 2015.

I have 2 questions:

1) What is the difference between "Must Make First Entry
to Australia before " and "Must not arrive after" ? After 18 June 2016, my visa will be single entry?

2) If I find a job, I can not have a contract for more than 18 months? How and when can I change my visa type when I find a job? ( can I convert to PR afterwards?)

Thanks in advance.

·
Super Moderator
5,266 Posts
AFAIK, it's an 18-month visa, so that would count for the time between the grant date and the Must Not Arrive After date. I'm not too familiar with this visa, so not sure if it's normally 18 months from arrival or only from the time it was granted. So it's possible you have until 18 June 2016 to either lodge another visa application (assuming your visa doesn't have a 8503 No Further Stay condition).

You can travel freely until 18 June 2016 but cannot enter Australia on your 476 after that date. It appears you can remain only for 10 months from your arrival date, which would be 21 Sep 2016.

Perhaps someone with more knowledge of this visa can clarify.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks a lot for your response Maggie-May24!

I made a mistake because I had "18 months" not "10 months" after the first arrival for stay period! sorry for misleading information.

Thanks in advance.

·
Super Moderator
5,266 Posts
Ah ok. Then the 18 months starts from your date of arrival, and you have unlimited travel rights as long as the visa lasts (18 months). The First Entry Date is usually when your police/medical checks would be expiring, and the Must Enter Date is the last date available to you to take advantage of the visa. Since you met both of those, you are fine. You have 18 months to enjoy Australia, and hopefully find a job and become eligible for a longer-term visa.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.