Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I'm currently in the US working as a consultant in the airlines/ aviation high tech industry. I have a Master's degree and ~3-4 years work experience (all in Engineering / IT). My wife is currently a PhD student here in the US. She used to work for a counseling firm before (back in India), and so has Australian certified counselor certification as well.

Oh, btw, I'm currently on H-1B in the US and my wife on a F-1 visa.

Eventually, maybe in some time, we are thinking of maybe moving to Australia. What are our options? I read that we can apply for a visa on our work, and then come there and look for work? Is that really helpful?

I understand that getting a job is based on the individual, but still, what might be the timelines for the whole process - assuming that I'm coming there to work, and my wife there to continue her PhD (or Post-Doc) ?

Any insight is appreciated. If any clarification/ intro is needed, I can provide as needed.

Thanks in advance!!!

·
Registered
1,377 Posts
Hi all,

I'm currently in the US working as a consultant in the airlines/ aviation high tech industry. I have a Master's degree and ~3-4 years work experience (all in Engineering / IT). My wife is currently a PhD student here in the US. She used to work for a counseling firm before (back in India), and so has Australian certified counselor certification as well.

Oh, btw, I'm currently on H-1B in the US and my wife on a F-1 visa.

Eventually, maybe in some time, we are thinking of maybe moving to Australia. What are our options? I read that we can apply for a visa on our work, and then come there and look for work? Is that really helpful?

I understand that getting a job is based on the individual, but still, what might be the timelines for the whole process - assuming that I'm coming there to work, and my wife there to continue her PhD (or Post-Doc) ?

Any insight is appreciated. If any clarification/ intro is needed, I can provide as needed.

Thanks in advance!!!
You could look into the skilled migration options. Professionals and Other Skilled Migrants - Workers - Visas & Immigration

Some are permanent and some are temporary, some require sponsors but others don't. It depends on your specific cases as to which you may be eligible for.

Kttykat

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.