Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,

So I am hoping to start my process in applying for the PMV (subclass 300). I am hoping to also have my visa application sent in as early as may for processing and I want to go to Australia on a visitor visa while it is processing. I work a minimum wage job at the moment and my partner is working at target but training to be a manager (he won't get that pay rise until he becomes one). I really want to do this and I am a hard worker but because of my income, I will only be able to pay by the hour and it might only be 2 hours a week. Is this acceptable or can we come up with a payment plan? I guess what I'm saying is, is there any way we can work out a deal. Thank you for any advice on the topic.

·
Premium Member
6,612 Posts
Different agents may have different payment options, but you can’t “do a deal” with the DIBP. You need to fork out $ 7000.00 at the time of application in a lump sum. On top of that you will need evidence of funds for your tourist visa, so you should probably budget for at least $ 18.000,00 incl. flights.

Personally, I only work one way. 50 % up front and the rest before lodgement. I can refer you to a company that provides loans for visa applications, but you’d have to be sure you can meet the repayments.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
:(
Different agents may have different payment options, but you can't "do a deal" with the DIBP. You need to fork out $ 7000.00 at the time of application in a lump sum. On top of that you will need evidence of funds for your tourist visa, so you should probably budget for at least $ 18.000,00 incl. flights.

Personally, I only work one way. 50 % up front and the rest before lodgement. I can refer you to a company that provides loans for visa applications, but you'd have to be sure you can meet the repayments.
I was planning on getting an electronic (3 month) visa for the tourist visa. Do I have to get something bigger? We'll have the 7000, and enough for a round trip ticket, but I was just talking about extra fees (fees for looking over documents, asking questions, etc.)

·
Premium Member
6,612 Posts
:(

I was planning on getting an electronic (3 month) visa for the tourist visa. Do I have to get something bigger? We'll have the 7000, and enough for a round trip ticket, but I was just talking about extra fees (fees for looking over documents, asking questions, etc.)
Personally, I don't do payment plans for professional fees and I have fixed fees for most visa applications, not hourly rates. Any agent who does provide payment plans, would require the same guarantees as a bank would for a personal loan. As this is likely to be high risk finance, I expect the fees would be significant. With the tourist visa you have to provide evidence that you have access to sufficient funds to support yourself during your stay in Australia. You may be asked for it on arrival.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
Personally, I don't do payment plans for professional fees and I have fixed fees for most visa applications, not hourly rates. Any agent who does provide payment plans, would require the same guarantees as a bank would for a personal loan. As this is likely to be high risk finance, I expect the fees would be significant. Witgh the tourist visa you have to provide evidence that you have access to sufficient funds to support yourself during your stay in Australia. You may be asked for it on arrival.
I'm sorry, I thought I didn't have to...I've been over on the visa that I'm looking at before, and I've never had to show proof. It's only a 3 month stay. What would you charge for your services?

·
Premium Member
6,612 Posts
I'm sorry, I thought I didn't have to...I've been over on the visa that I'm looking at before, and I've never had to show proof. It's only a 3 month stay. What would you charge for your services?
Anyone arriving on a tourist visa can be questioned on arrival.I know people have been turned around, because they did not have enough money.

Note also that Immigration routinely check people's mobile phones on arrival, if they have any reservations about them.

While you might just breeze through, it is always best to have a return ticket and evidence of access to sufficient funds, in case you do get asked.

I'll send you an email with my fees.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Anyone arriving on a tourist visa can be questioned on arrival.I know people have been turned around, because they did not have enough money.

Note also that Immigration routinely check people's mobile phones on arrival, if they have any reservations about them.

While you might just breeze through, it is always best to have a return ticket and evidence of access to sufficient funds, in case you do get asked.

I'll send you an email with my fees.
Is it okay if I have a letter from my partner stating that I will be taken care of while there? Is this good enough? Who could witness this letter? Is 400 a week enough?

·
Premium Member
6,612 Posts
Is it okay if I have a letter from my partner stating that I will be taken care of while there? Is this good enough? Who could witness this letter? Is 400 a week enough?
There is an expectation that you will have access to your own funds. I can't predict how any particular Immigration official would look at it. Maybe no one will ever question you, but it is best to be prepared.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
There is an expectation that you have access to your own funds. I can't predict how any particuladr Immigration official would look at it. Maybe no one will ever question you, but it is best to be prepared.
Sorry I have so many questions. Im only going to be there for three months on an ETA. Does that make a difference for how much I should have in my account? If I were to show up with 2000 do you think I'd be turned away?

·
Registered
4,534 Posts
We have seen people entering on ETAs be pulled aside for questioning, so don't think that it will always be as easy as the first time.

Nick is right in saying that you should be prepared.

In all honesty, if you aren't comfortable doing the application yourself because you don't want to risk making mistakes and wasting your $7000 app fee, you should budget for and consider and RMA as part of the cost of your application. Even if you wait a bit longer to apply to be able to do so. Tax return season is quickly approaching in the US so that may be a nice lump of money you can put towards it if you get one.

Best of luck to you.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
We have seen people entering on ETAs be pulled aside for questioning, so don't think that it will always be as easy as the first time.

Nick is right in saying that you should be prepared.

In all honesty, if you aren't comfortable doing the application yourself because you don't want to risk making mistakes and wasting your $7000 app fee, you should budget for and consider and RMA as part of the cost of your application. Even if you wait a bit longer to apply to be able to do so. Tax return season is quickly approaching in the US so that may be a nice lump of money you can put towards it if you get one.

Best of luck to you.
Thank you, it's just really important to get this approved and I know the longer it takes, the harder it may be. Im currently living in an abusive home and I just want to be back where I'm happy.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
There is an expectation that you will have access to your own funds. I can't predict how any particular Immigration official would look at it. Maybe no one will ever question you, but it is best to be prepared.
Is it easier maybe to apply for the work and holiday visa instead? That way I don't have to spend as much money on the fee (I know it's like 1000 dollars) then I'll come back and apply for the pmv once I've saved enough. That way I'll also be able to acquire document easier as well, and I know you still have to show proof of funds.

·
Premium Member
6,612 Posts
Is it easier maybe to apply for the work and holiday visa instead? That way I don't have to spend as much money on the fee (I know it's like 1000 dollars) then I'll come back and apply for the pmv once I've saved enough. That way I'll also be able to acquire document easier as well, and I know you still have to show proof of funds.
If you're eligible for one, it is certainly worth a shot, as it will give you more time to work things out.

I understand you're keen to get this under way, but it is important to work out a realistic strategy. That's why for many applicants, it is a good idea to have the assistance of a professional, who is not emotionally involved and who will look at your circumstances and the available evidence and advise you accordingly.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 · (Edited)
If you're eligible for one, it is certainly worth a shot, as it will give you more time to work things out.

I understand you're keen to get this under way, but it is important to work out a realistic strategy. That's why for many applicants, it is a good idea to have the assistance of a professional, who is not emotionally involved and who will look at your circumstances and the available evidence and advise you accordingly.
The only thing I worry about with that is that you have to be a "genuine visitor". Since I plan on moving there eventually, I don't know if I qualify. I don't have a criminal record, or major health issues, and I speak English...I just don't want to screw it all up. Do you help with work and holiday visas? It might be cheaper this way.

·
Premium Member
6,612 Posts
The only thing I worry about with that is that you have to be a "genuine visitor". Since I plan on moving there eventually, I don't know if I qualify. I
It is all about your intentions...

If you are going to apply for a sc. 300, it will be an offshore application anyway. It is also quite a common scenario for people on WHV and Tourist Visas to apply for a sc. 820 visa, once they are in Australia.

There should be plenty of posters here who have done the W&H visa and can point you in the right direction. Try and do a search.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
It is all about your intentions...

If you are going to apply for a sc. 300, it will be an offshore application anyway. It is also quite a common scenario for people on WHV and Tourist Visas to apply for a sc. 820 visa, once they are in Australia.

There should be plenty of posters here who have done the W&H visa and can point you in the right direction. Try and do a search.
An eta would be even better. It's easier to get one and it gives us a bit of time to get things together. I think I'll do that, thank you so much though and I will definitely contact you when I'm ready to proceed.

·
Premium Member
6,612 Posts
An eta would be even better. It's easier to get one and it gives us a bit of time to get things together. I think I'll do that, thank you so much though and I will definitely contact you when I'm ready to proceed.
That's ok. Best of luck. True love will conquer everything...

·
Registered
391 Posts
It might be easier to get but it doesn't come with any work rights. Given you have limited savings, and your partner is earning a relatively low income, it might be prudent for you to look more closely at the WHV. Australia is expensive.

·
Registered
1,960 Posts
Working holidays a good route, easily applications and gives you some work and study rights.

I had one 5 years ago, I'm still here. If you don't currently have funds to do the partner visa this would be a great route to persue, you and your partner can be together and you can continue saving and building evidence until such time as you're ready to submit.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.