Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I applied for citizenship by conferral last October and I'm still awaiting to hear back. I decided to login today to see if there have been any updates that I may have missed in email contact.

However, I noticed that under the Application Home screen in the online lodgement portal they also list my parents under Applicants instead of just me (i.e. 3 listed names)?

Is this how it is supposed to appear? They definitely aren't applying for citizenship. It's just me and the only information I provided about my parents was where it was prompted.

Should I be concerned?

·
Registered
5 Posts
me and my wife had the same on ours and its nothing to worry about. As you only applied in October are you now treated under the new rules ?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
We were eligible to apply in April before Dutton tried to change things up. But considering the bill didn't pass it should have reverted back to the previous rules. Looking at the eligibility requirements I haven't noticed anything different just yet.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Hi all,

I applied for citizenship by conferral last October and I'm still awaiting to hear back. I decided to login today to see if there have been any updates that I may have missed in email contact.

However, I noticed that under the Application Home screen in the online lodgement portal they also list my parents under Applicants instead of just me (i.e. 3 listed names)?

Is this how it is supposed to appear? They definitely aren't applying for citizenship. It's just me and the only information I provided about my parents was where it was prompted.

Should I be concerned?
I'm on the same time line as you...I applied at the end of October

And yes, it is normal to see your parents listed but you will already have provided details when you submitted your original application

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.