Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I am currently working out whether I can claim 5 points with local work experience for visa 189 (Nominated Occupation: Architect 232111). However, I am a little confused by the definition of 'Skilled employment'. How does the DIBP assess and determine work experience as skilled or not?

A little personal background for my question;

I have previously obtained skill assessment from AACA on the basis of my Australian academic qualification in Feb 2016 for my current work visa 485(Graduate Stream).​
I have 1 year of work experience as a Graduate staff in a small local Architects' office, this experience was gained after I received the skill assessment.​

• Would the work experience I have considered skilled if I can provide documents such as employer's reference and pay evidence?
  • Or, does work experience need to be assessed by the relevant authority?

It would be much appreciated if anyone can provide some insight.

Because as far as I know the AACA does not have a system to assess graduate work experience, unless it is for the purpose of taking the exam to be a registered Architect. I would like to find out whether I need look at other means to get that 5 points. Thank you in advance!

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.