Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello great people,

Just to give you some background:

Currently my parents are waiting for their 143 visa (contributory parent visa) application to be processed (since July 2015).

They currently also have a multiple entry visitor visa 600 which will be expired in October 2017 so only few month left.

They are currently NOT in Australia but planning to visit Australia while they are waiting for their 143 to be processed.

Now my questions:

1) How long more do you guys think it will take for their 143 to be processed? Its been more than 2 years!

2) I heard parent who are waiting for 143 can receive a 5 years multiple entry visitor visa. Is that true? If yes, will it be considered by immigration automatically or I need to request for it?

3) How can I actually extend their 600 visa? My question is, is there any way to renew / extend their current visa or should I simply lodge a totally new 600 visa application regardless of the fact that they have few month of valid visa left?

Many thanks in advance.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You may be able to find out online. DIBP have a web page that you enter your application date and find out approximately how much longer.
Thanks Jeremy, yeah will try to find it.

Do you have any information about my other questions?

Thanks,

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.