Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I am pretty new to this forum but it already helped me a lot.
My partner and I are preparing to apply for the visa in a few weeks time and we are already well on our way with getting everything sorted.
I just have a few questions.

- for example my partners name is Joshua but it is very normal that people call him Josh. is that something that is known as "another name" or not? is it something we would need to clarify or will it speak for itself as Joshua is basically the same as Josh. All his official documentation will say Joshua but I would usually write Josh or postcards will say Josh.

- how does it work with relationship statements.
The way we have done it is we both wrote an individual relationship statement with all categories (history, financial, commitment, social and household) mentioned in it and then we also wrote some joint statements on Finance/Commitment/household and social.
Do we still have to fill our the 5 boxes (form 47sp) when applying or do we refer to our statements?

I hope someone can help :)

Many thanks!!!

·
Registered
4,534 Posts
I refer to my partner by his shortened name in our statements as that's what I call him. Be sure to use his legal name when entering it anywhere that isn't a written section in your own words (like under sponsor details it asks for his first name, you'd put Joshua if that's his legal name).

You can choose either to complete the narrative boxes in the online form as the statement, or type "See statement" in those boxes and upload a separate statement. Make sure that your separate statement covers each of those narrative box questions as that is what they want to read. 1-2 pages is enough for an extra statement. More than that and you're wasting their time with irrelevant information. It should be in your own words (and your partner will need to write his own as well or use the narrative boxes in his own words) and remember to explain things in a way that a total stranger will understand your relationship.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you for your reply! That is very helpful. I had one more question about form 47sp and form 80 with the questions
-places visited in the last 10 years
- places lived in the last 10 years (in total)

I have travelled quite a bit and have been to Australia multiple times on holiday and 1 time on working holiday visa. Do you have any idea how to list this?
Like I have lived in Australia in 2011 for a year on the working holiday visa
But have been on holiday there 2 weeks in 2010, 6 weeks in 2013, 6 weeks 2016. Do I put that all on lived or visited.
Sorry I just got really confused because I was obviously a tourist those times but I stayed here with my partner at his address.

Hope you can help me with this

Many Thanks!

·
Registered
34 Posts
The short term ones are vists only, they only go into question 35. For the WHV, if it was me personally, I would put it in both sections. You have to put it in questoin 35, and unless you were hugely transient during that time basically just doing odd jobs and moving all around the country without a fixed address then you lived.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.