Australia Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, applying for a defactto partner visa for my partner and just have a couple silly questions about the process.

I have a couple people filling out the 888 stat Dec for us, but I thought it'd be easier to get other friends just to write an affadavits statement rather than use the official form. I just wanted to check, in that case do they also need to provide copies of their passport/ID as they do for the 888? Do these need to be notarised?

Also, when it comes to certain forms of evidence I'm not entirely sure how to supply it. For things like bank statements where I'm pointing out specific transactions, or for conversation logs (Facebook Messenger, WhatsApp, SMS) do I just provide screenshots? Do I need to print them? Do the bank statements need to be notarised too?

Thanks all

·
Registered
15 Posts
Hello! I recently applied for a de facto partner visa so I hope my answers are helpful.

1) I only had 2 people (partner's mother and friend) fill out the official form and have their passports notarised by their local pharmacist. From what I know, you are only allowed 2 referrals.

2) I assume that you will be applying online - if so, you will need to attach all forms of evidence that are labelled accordingly. E.g. screenshots of messages from all mediums, photographs of you and your partner together, joint bank statements, travel documents, etc. It is quite time-consuming but it can be done.

3) I only had my referrals' documents notarised but not mine.

Good luck! :)

·
Registered
4,534 Posts
Hi all, applying for a defactto partner visa for my partner and just have a couple silly questions about the process.

I have a couple people filling out the 888 stat Dec for us, but I thought it'd be easier to get other friends just to write an affadavits statement rather than use the official form. I just wanted to check, in that case do they also need to provide copies of their passport/ID as they do for the 888? Do these need to be notarised?

Also, when it comes to certain forms of evidence I'm not entirely sure how to supply it. For things like bank statements where I'm pointing out specific transactions, or for conversation logs (Facebook Messenger, WhatsApp, SMS) do I just provide screenshots? Do I need to print them? Do the bank statements need to be notarised too?

Thanks all
If you're having aussie citizens or PR holders completed witness forms, you'll likely be questioned on why they didn't fill out the official form 888. Best to just use it.

Two is the minimum but you can supply as many as you want.

The form itself is witnessed by someone on the list on the form to prove the signature is that of the person claiming to have written the form. We did get certified copies of their passports to supply with the scanned copy of the original form, but apparently you don't need to.

The immigration website states not to upload certified copies of evidence when applying online. Just upload clear color scans of everything, including your identity documents.

How you choose to upload your conversations is up to you. Some people upload everything (don't. No one wants to read through all of it.) Others just upload snippets of important conversations over the months or years to show you maintained contact while apart and support each other financially, emotionally, etc based on what you discuss.

Bank statements are up to you as well. Some people make notations in them of large purchases together such as a washing machine, fridge, furniture, etc that couples would make over time and some people highlight payments such as rent and bills while supplying proof they live together. Totally up to you.

·
Registered
4,534 Posts
Hello! I recently applied for a de facto partner visa so I hope my answers are helpful.

1) I only had 2 people (partner's mother and friend) fill out the official form and have their passports notarised by their local pharmacist. From what I know, you are only allowed 2 referrals.

2) I assume that you will be applying online - if so, you will need to attach all forms of evidence that are labelled accordingly. E.g. screenshots of messages from all mediums, photographs of you and your partner together, joint bank statements, travel documents, etc. It is quite time-consuming but it can be done.

3) I only had my referrals' documents notarised but not mine.

Good luck! :)
1. 2 is the minimum requirement. You can have as many as you want.

2. The files should be labeled appropriately but it doesn't matter which category they are uploaded under as long as you only upload the same item one time, regardless of whether it can go into multiple categories or not.

·
Registered
15 Posts
1. 2 is the minimum requirement. You can have as many as you want.

2. The files should be labeled appropriately but it doesn't matter which category they are uploaded under as long as you only upload the same item one time, regardless of whether it can go into multiple categories or not.
1) Oh! The people who I know that applied advised me that 2 is the max, but great to know in case I need to get more.

2) Yeah, when I uploaded my documents they were all in one category but I made sure they were labelled correctly :)

·
Registered
4,534 Posts
Minimum of two. Maximum implies you can supply less than that, which is incorrect. You need at least two to meet the requirement. Some people choose to upload 5 or 6, but we just did the two required each time.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.